Two of Wands as Feelings

sonjie

I see this card a lot as an answer to how someone feels. This is not strictly a romantic thing. I'd like to understand it on several levels: romance, friendship and business.

Does it make sense to say that someone might feel that now you're there, a part of their life/plans, and they're seeing where exactly you fit in?

I get confused because to me it doesn't feel that there's a choice to be made, but more like one has been made. That person has picked, it's that moment right between choosing your path and setting off on it. But how does that translate into feelings? I've heard it describe as a card that shows wanting more. Wanting to move forward with things.

Sulis

Hi Sonjie,

Since it's a 2, I see it as being related to The High Priestess so it's about that pause before a decision is made; it's the process of making the decision if you like. The three is comes after the decision is made and shows you the results of the decision (related to The Empress).

With the 2 of Wands I see a certain amount of dissatisfaction. The person knows that things are OK where they are now but they long for more. If you look at the image on the Rider-Waite-Smith card you see a guy standing on the battlements of his castle between 2 wands (representing his achievements and what he has already got), but he's not focusing on those, instead he looks wistfully out over a body of water and in his hands he holds a globe to show that he wants more and he knows that it's within his grasp if only he could pluck up the courage to go for it.

So as feelings I'd say that the person you're talking about knows that what he's got is good but he knows that he wants more. He's a little dissatisfied with what he has and he's wondering whether he has the courage and personal strength to go deeper or to get more.

Does that help?

WalesWoman

This card shows up a lot in relationship readings for me and my husband... before we were married mostly. We are both a couple of blockheads, stubborn and willful and wanting to have our own way.

To me it showed that we were weighing the pros and cons of being in the relationship in the first place, if it was good enough to stick with or move on... because in some ways it showed the limitations in the relationship, either because we were both very independent individuals before and still pretty independent and had to make compromises or that the relationship as it was had it's limitations due to living together and I wanted more, like marriage. For him, it probably was nice being in his castle, but it gets a little stifling and boring and there is adventure out there waiting, so had to figure out priorities.

Two wands could also have indicated that we had similar but different goals and wants and drives, so sometimes we worked at cross purposes, sometimes we worked like a team, most of the time we both wanted the same things and had the drive to make them happen.

Friendship is probably more important in a relationship than romance, so if this came up in a romantic reading, I would think that the people involved value that element much more than the romantic one... they may not always agree on issues, so there could be much clashing but it would also be very stimulating and there would still be a whole lot of fire, like two matches striking each other and bursting into flame. The physical side could be very hot.

It still works for us on a business level as well, since he is my biggest supporter and is always helping me, either by ego boosts or lending a hand or basically being a true partner, offering his help or whatever it is I need. This is a good card for debates, discussing issues and opinions... ones you are passionate about... so it's good for planning projects, what you want them to be, what they want them to be and finding a place where you both feel like you are getting what you wanted ... or not.

Sometimes, as in Druidcraft, it's a gateway to another world and what it takes to cross into it... desire. It's pretty much about what you want and how much you want it.

Wands has so much to do with creativity and creating, not so much the inspiration which would be found in two cups, but the drive, that part of you that HAS to create or feel like you'll burst if you don't. It's an itch that needs scratched, so 2 wands has the itch and the means to scratch it.

Ronia

I've seen it often as "longing, still looking for something more/different/else". In the Two the journey hasn't been taken yet. There is no definite decision made although some plans has been set. To me it is a risky card because the plans may never become decisions really.

Fostha

I think the 2 is that moment when you know "theres so much more to life than this",but you need to just ponder and carefully consider your decision.

WalesWoman

That makes me think of pulling petals off of daisies... Do I want this? Do I not?

Fostha

WalesWoman said:
That makes me think of pulling petals off of daisies... Do I want this? Do I not?
I think it's a wee bit more than that,the ace is when something triggers that inner fire within you,whether it's a hobby/job/person,the 2 is that point when(for me anyway),you take a good look at exactly what you've got and where you're at now,and decide if that's enongh for you or not,especially if theres nowhere else to go other than the top of that tower(RW image),and now youre fired up with all that passion inside,it's just a case of where/what exactly you want to go/do with it.The worlds a big place,so where exactly do you wanna be in it,and,doing what.....that's how i'd describe feelings here.

janee

I too see this as someone wanting more but not wanting to give up or sacrifice what they already have, trying to have your cake and eat it too.

sonjie

Thank you for all the replies. It really helps to get your opinions to pin this card down.

I'm starting to get the aspect of wanting more with this card. Whether it is wanting more of what you have, to take what you have to the next level or something else completely that seems better remains to be seen. I do think there is potential in this card. Wands in general carry a lot of potential as I see them.

The crazy thing with this card is that it's been stalking me in my readings regarding all parts of my life, often paired with the King of Wands (I think I know who this is, but I can't be sure). In some readings I've started to see the Three of Wands pop up, hopefully things are moving toward a more concrete level. Not sure any of that belongs in this thread really, just sharing.

Interesting little bit- just got the Two of Wands in reply to what will happen between a romantic interest and myself...the same card I got when I asked what will happen between himself and the other woman in the picture. Haha. Maybe this is a very "want to have your cake and eat it too" type thing. Guess there's still a bit of time to go before the situation evolves enough.

As Fostha is saying, there's a lot to ponder. Oddly my life seems to be on pause while there's a whole lotta pondering.

Thanks again all!