Lo Scarabeo Encyclopaedia on Kickstarter

gregory

The £12000 stretch goal seems to have slid off the page.... OK it's back. Was it something I said ?

EarthAngel2911

Ok, I did it. I upped my pledge to the £44 mark. :) So happy to be contributing. Would *love* to see this become a hardcover! :)

gregory

And they've hit the second stretch goal - though I guess there's no-one there on weekends to mark it funded !

GEEZ I hope we get to the hard cover... I REALLY don't like HUGE paperback books.

Kayla

Switzerland share?

Anyone in Switzerland interested in splitting a pledge to save on shipping? I'm going to order 2 or 3 books....

I'll split the order for actual proportional cost (including any import duties that are levied). I have a GA so I can meet you anywhere in CH to deliver.

gregory

Anyone in Switzerland interested in splitting a pledge to save on shipping? I'm going to order 2 or 3 books....

I'll split the order for actual proportional cost (including any import duties that are levied). I have a GA so I can meet you anywhere in CH to deliver.
There shouldn't be any duty - European ones are mailed from Italy.

Kayla

There shouldn't be any duty - European ones are mailed from Italy.

Switzerland isn't part of the EU so it's subject to different duties than EU member nations...I'm frequently (though not always) assessed import taxes on items ordered from amazon.de (Germany).

Edit:

For similar reasons, shipping to Switzerland is £12 whereas it's £5 for EU

gregory

Switzerland isn't part of the EU so it's subject to different duties than EU member nations...I'm frequently (though not always) assessed import taxes on items ordered from amazon.de (Germany).

Edit:

For similar reasons, shipping to Switzerland is £12 whereas it's £5 for EU
:bugeyed: I thought you - and Norway - had signed up to the customs thing, as you have to Schengen - though I gather you just came out of that. My bad - sorry.

Kayla

:bugeyed: I thought you - and Norway - had signed up to the customs thing, as you have to Schengen - though I gather you just came out of that. My bad - sorry.

No worries :) CH is often an odd duck!

gregory

No worries :) CH is often an odd duck!
You know, though - I have often driven across your borders and while I always have to buy the motorway sticker, etc, they have NEVER asked us what we have in the car...

Kayla

You know, though - I have often driven across your borders and while I always have to buy the motorway sticker, etc, they have NEVER asked us what we have in the car...

I've never been stopped, either--though I've only lived here for a year. My in-laws have been stopped & levied before...

I think for the most part, they count on most people with more than the tax-free allowance (300 CHF/person) to stop and claim the VAT rebate first, so they shuttle them from the rebate-stamp counter directly to the assessment counter. VAT (in DE) is 19% while CH tax is 8% (with exceptions) so it's still worthwhile to get the VAT rebate most of the time.