Books on the Need for Psychic Protection

Mystewood

Seems there are a lot of people that don't know anything about the need for psychic protection, thought I'd make a few suggestions:

"Practical Techniques of Psychic Self-Defence" - (How to ensure safety and protection in the occult realms. Detailed instructions for protecting both individuals and groups, creating and dissolving thought-forms, constructing symbolic defences against impinging minds, achieving auric control against psychic attack and breaking unwanted psychic links). - Author Murry Hope - The Aquarian Press ISBN 0-85030-322-2

This book speaks for itself and is ideal for anyone interested in the psychic realms.

"Healing Lost Souls" - Releasing unwanted spirits from your energy body - William J Baldwin PhD Hampton Roads Publishing Co. Inc. ISBN 1-57174-366-9

This is a really interesting book and makes a lot of sense. Its about getting rid of negative energy and attachments in your present life and tying up any loose ends from past lives. Well worth a read.

"Dead Happy" - Lance G Trendall - Lance Trendall Publishing - ISBN09520472 2 5

This is about the author's experiences as part of a soul rescue group. He talks sense and its a book you can read over and over and still be interested in it. (This might not be in the right category but its well worth a read).

Milfoil

Thankyou for those suggestions Mystewood. Certainly some interesting reading there on a very broad subject.

Indigo Rose

Mystewood said:
Seems there are a lot of people that don't know anything about the need for psychic protection, thought I'd make a few suggestions:

:) I believe in the need for psychic protection, so thank you for suggesting these books.

Peace
:heart:

mingbop

At Last, Somebody Else From Scotland !! Yaaay !

psychic sue

Also, Psychic Protection by Dion Fortune and Psychic Protection by Ted Andrews. Both well worth reading.

mingbop

I've never read a book on psychic protection, I just yell for the guides & the grannies ... lol the lazy way !

psychic sue

I used to do the same Mary, but on digging into this subject deeper, I have found it's not just about protection from the nasty low-level entities/energies. If you are a psychic/medium (as you are) you will be naturally empathetic - if you don't protect yourself properly then you can absorb people's negativity, illnesses etc, which can actually affect your physical and mental health. Protection is also about protecting your own energy and your own aura. It's worth a read.

Sue x

sharpchick

Sue's right, and sometimes you don't even realize how open to other people's energies you are. I didn't realize how it would affect me till I went to a psychic fair in a hotel meeting space a couple of years ago.

As soon as I walked through the door, it felt like an assault. I got lightheaded and my heart started racing. It panicked me at first, and so I stepped back outside for a few minutes to calm down. I went out to my car and grounded and shielded and went back in.

I could still feel the collective energy, but the intensity of individual energies was much less pronounced. I certainly wouldn't call myself a psychic or medium by any stretch of the imagination, but the room pulsed (not unpleasantly) with the energy of so many people gathered together.

I've gone to other fairs since then, and each time prior to going in, I've protected myself. We're having a Pagan Pride celebration today in a town close to me, and I'll do the same thing before going there. I don't feel a need to protect myself from something malevolent or evil, but there will be a lot of energy in this gathering.

kislany

psychic sue said:
Also, Psychic Protection by Dion Fortune and Psychic Protection by Ted Andrews. Both well worth reading.

I read both and they are very good, I agree. Particularly Dion Fortune's book, although written in a sort of outdated way, impacted me quite profoundly.

Also I can recommend Witch's Shield by Christopher Penczak, which I've recently read, was a good one.

Another one I have at home but haven't got the chance to read is Practical Guide To Psychic Self-Defense by Denning & Phillips. The Amazon reviews look pretty good, so I'll give it a try at some point.

Sophie

psychic sue said:
If you are a psychic/medium (as you are) you will be naturally empathetic - if you don't protect yourself properly then you can absorb people's negativity, illnesses etc, which can actually affect your physical and mental health. Protection is also about protecting your own energy and your own aura. It's worth a read.
I totally agree with this - absorbing other people's negativity (physical, menatl, emotional or spiritual) is a real danger for people working in all sorts of helping professions - psychic or otherwise. I learnt the hard way that I had to protect myself. I still have to remind myself regularly. The challenge is to do it while remaining open and receptive. Depletion and spiritual exhaustion awaits those who don't shield themselves. That is also when low-level energies can most easily find a hold in you.