Religion and Tarot

boxxleman

I, personally, am a Christian (not a radical, TAROT CARDS ARE EVIL, type). Using tarot cards (for me) let's me tap into God's creation as the universe as a whole.

How do you look at Tarot cards, and what religion are you? I've been curious to hear any other viewpoints for this matter!

Edit: I'm not trying to stir up any controversy, I respect all people's viewpoints. I'm just curious to see how each individual looks at tarot cards.

God bless!
Jeff

NightQueen

I am wiccan, Tarot is part of my faith:) a very important tool in my daily life

le pendu

I'm a borderline atheist with pagan and taoist tendencies, I like tarot for its history.

kwesifriends

I'm a pure Christian and I love tarot. Christian Church don't like tarot cards and some divination tool I don't know why.

ravenest

I am a Thelemite and the Tarot is a religous tool to me ... like a censor or chalice is to others. I see it as my disc, one of the four elemental tools, relating to earth.

ilweran

I'm Wiccan. I mostly like tarot for the art, but have recently started reading again.

Tabby

I'm Wiccan, but I got into Tarot a long time ago before my religion. I never found the tarot to be anything evil, but more of a helpful tool. Or a barometer to tell me how things are at the moment.

Mariana

I've grown up in a strict evangelical family, the 'tarot works through evil spirits that may try to possess you' kind. I'm not a practising christian anymore, although I still try to live by the christian values of compassion and kindness - values that are part of any serious religion. I guess I should call myself an atheïst or at least agnostic now, which doesn't mean that I don't believe in a spiritual reality, just not in an interventionist god. I guess I see spirituality in a more pagan way now, as present in the nature of things.

Tarot mainly interests me from an anthropological point of view. I have occasionally read with the cards, but I'm not really concerned about practical questions anyway. It's the archetypes behind them that interest me, the cultural or psychological way people structure their experiences, the frameworks that people use to stucture or even create 'meaning'. So I mainly read about the history of tarot, or philosophical or psychoanalytical interpretations of tarot concepts, as part of a broader interest in myth and symbolism.

Disa

I wasn't raised in any religion and was atheist for most of my life. I've always been spiritual, but not religious. I find nature based religions or ways of life resonate better with me. I'm interested in Wicca, Druidism, and Native American concepts, but I've still not embraced any one in particular so I still can't really say I'm any religion.

I look at all aspects of Tarot. I find it's a great tool for exploring myself and the others around me and how we all connect and interact. I would eventually like to do face to face readings that actually help people. I am also interested in incorporating aspects of tarot into my writing to see where that takes me.

As I'm typing I keep hearing this Native American quote: We are all connected. What we do to the web we do to ourselves. I think Tarot shows us that, too.

Disa

boxxleman

Is it 'okay' to be Christian, like myself, and do tarot cards? Because I really haven't met many Christian Tarot Card readers. When I use the tarot cards, I feel as if I'm talking to the God I believe in. I guess it can be used with any religion. I'm not sure why so many Christians bash Tarot cards, if they looked at them the way I did they would feel enlightened and realize how much power and energy really is in the universe.