Random Q&As - round 3

andybc

Some times the Letter can mean frivolity, and just a care free attitude.

WaterSong

Some times the Letter can mean frivolity, and just a care free attitude.

frivolity? I think it just means news, communication...Flowers can mean frivolity, but the Letter is pretty neutral and clear.

andybc

frivolity? I think it just means news, communication...Flowers can mean frivolity, but the Letter is pretty neutral and clear.

Frivolity is one of the Letters meanings, and has always been in tradition especially before a person card. The Bouquet has never represented that. It's hapiness, charm, gifts.

News is really Cavalier, the letter as a concept is just a document or cards.

MoiraKarin

--------------

Someone that needs to be a little less selfish and considerate...and I told him so!

Q.What will make me most happy this coming month?

Gonna try one card...

Letter

Either you will get an invitation, letter, exam result, and/or document of some kind that you have been waiting for in the mail. This is something that will bring about a happy moment during May. (Hope it is true!)

Q: Is "L" taking "MRF" for a ride with false promises, still sussing things out, or maybe just being lazy perhaps?
i got today daylies:
" Rider sun letter"
--------------clover-----

As my personal card from my Gt to determine where i am i also got:
letter/flower
-------------
book/mice

I am actually "waiting" for a word from someone i dearly love for quite some time.
Letter( if it is a love letter) will be most appreciated and something i would forward more then anything to receive in my mailbox...
The above cards , i have drawn, do not feel like a love letter though

WaterSong

Frivolity is one of the Letters meanings, and has always been in tradition especially before a person card. The Bouquet has never represented that. It's hapiness, charm, gifts.

News is really Cavalier, the letter as a concept is just a document or cards.

I kindly disagree :) Flowers can mean frivolity, as they are about beauty and external appearance :)
Yes, Rider is incoming news, but also could represent a man bringing news, or a very active, charming man.

Letter is just about written material/communication, phone calls etc....it could be a frivolous communication if the Flowers were with it.

andybc

I kindly disagree :) Flowers can mean frivolity, as they are about beauty and external appearance :)
Yes, Rider is incoming news, but also could represent a man bringing news, or a very active, charming man.

Letter is just about written material/communication, phone calls etc....it could be a frivolous communication if the Flowers were with it.

I have never heard or seen it like that. All traditions have had the Letter as frivolity, and before the person card it means a frivolous person. You wouldn't need the Bouquet for that. Not if you followed tradition.

I've just checked Waldfee and even the German tradition have Letter as frivolous. So if you read traditionally, it is a Letter concept.

DownUnderNZer

i got today daylies:
" Rider sun letter"
--------------clover-----

As my personal card from my Gt to determine where i am i also got:
letter/flower
-------------
book/mice

I am actually "waiting" for a word from someone i dearly love for quite some time.
Letter( if it is a love letter) will be most appreciated and something i would forward more then anything to receive in my mailbox...
The above cards , i have drawn, do not feel like a love letter though

DAILY: I dont see LOVE either, but the RIDER could mean from a MAN and a very positive message...with the CLOVER...a second chance and/or within a few weeks.

GT: A pleasant letter, text or email putting problems under the bridge or information to put your mind at rest. Things that havent been spoken about for a while as too "touchy" or "sensitive" to bring up.

Interesting that you have got the LETTER so strongly as well.... :)

WaterSong

I have never heard or seen it like that. All traditions have had the Letter as frivolity, and before the person card it means a frivolous person. You wouldn't need the Bouquet for that. Not if you followed tradition.

I've just checked Waldfee and even the German tradition have Letter as frivolous. So if you read traditionally, it is a Letter concept.

The Letter is the symbol for a piece of paper( communication, written usually, which in modern times can be email) ...it is neutral and its value is changed by the cards that come with it...what kind of news?

Treppner , German tradition: " Letter: the symbolism of this card speaks for itself.If we are waiting for a message and want to find out if it is positive or negative, then we have to pay attention to the cards a round it."

I cannot see that meaning in the letter, not even if it is given to it traditionally.

I have seen that meaning that you mention....personally I cannot see in the letter that meaning, but I see your point.
Treppner mentions superficiality, I found it.
Cannot see that , in all my readings it has meant news.

I think we all develop our own relationship with the cards ...truly I have trouble seeing it as something frivolous, as its value is determined by the cards that come with it.

andybc

The Letter is the symbol for a piece of paper( communication, written usually, which in modern times can be email) ...it is neutral and its value is changed by the cards that come with it...what kind of news?

Treppner , German tradition: " Letter: the symbolism of this card speaks for itself.If we are waiting for a message and want to find out if it is positive or negative, then we have to pay attention to the cards a round it."

I cannot see that meaning in the letter, not even if it is given to it traditionally.

I have seen that meaning that you mention....personally I cannot see in the letter that meaning, but I see your point.
Treppner mentions superficiality, I found it.
Cannot see that , in all my readings it has meant news.

I think we all develop our own relationship with the cards ...truly I have trouble seeing it as something frivolous, as its value is determined by the cards that come with it.

There is a reason why it has that meaning. It's calling cards, which people would go out to deliver each day as a social frivolity.

The times it means frivolity is one carders, or when before a person card or Lilies.

At the same time, the Bouquet has meanings that wouldn't really, in tradition, be in keeping with the concept of frivolity.

I think the cards do progress with time but the core language should remain true to the European roots and background. However combination is they key :) it is a neutral card like you say. It's always interesting to discuss card ideas :)

DownUnderNZer

Andy and Magenta...if ever you two married...your card combo would not be LETTER and BOUQUET, but rather WHIP and OWLS or SNAKE and WHIP. :D:D:D

I do declare.....

Maybe not a match made in heaven, but definitely one of interest! :D