De-Enabling Thread

magpie9

aww lisa hunt fairytale

This deck is more accessible and less tedious the the baba version...but still not easy to learn or use. Certainly not worth that kind of money.

MaileSkye

Lisa Hunt Fairy Tale

I love the art, love her style, love the stories. Lisa Hunt is one of my favorite tarot artists. I have a print of one of the cards in my living room. It may be visually among my favorites.

Despite all of this, I'm still posting in the de-enabling thread. I rarely if ever use the deck. I find a simple reading takes triple the amount of time because I'm so busy refamiliarizing myself with each fairy tale. Even now, as I type, I'm looking at the deck thinking I wish I had a reason to pull it out, and I know the only reason will be to look at the gorgeous images.

Wait until it's potentially re released. Buy the app. Keep an eye out for a good price. It's beautiful, but not practical. It's not a reading deck.

gregory

Lisa Hunt Fairy Tale

You want fairy tales - buy Grimm's Fairy Tales (with her illustrations if she ever did any, sure, but I prefer Rackham :D). You want a tarot deck - buy a tarot deck.

This one falls wallop between two stools; it doesn't work too well as stories or tarot - AND the card stock its on the flimsy side. As for the BOX.... :(

h3ll0k1tt33

LOL

It's a bomb.

Tell you what, send it over here, and when it arrives I'll save you all from it by throwing myself heroically on it.

ahaha thanks i needed that!
inspired by your truly selfless heroics i'll take one for the team and consider myself enabled on this one.

boy that didn't take much did it? :D
i guess i wasn't THAT conflicted after all.

nisaba

<hides grin>

HEY! I was trying to de-enable you!

feynrir

STARCHILD HALP

De-enable me from the Starchild Tarot PLEASE.

I have been thinking about it for ages and ages. I love both the original and the Akashic. I know it's kitschy and tries too hard but it's just so beautiful and unafraid to be fabulous!

SEE?! I've got it bad!! I'm already enabling myself with this post!! It's too expensive and I'd have to trade to be able to get it. I don't have decks I am willing to trade for it that I can think of. Help me :)

gregory

Starchild

I have been thinking about it for ages and ages. I love both the original and the Akashic. I know it's kitschy and tries too hard but it's just so beautiful and unafraid to be fabulous!

SEE?! I've got it bad!! I'm already enabling myself with this post!! It's too expensive and I'd have to trade to be able to get it. I don't have decks I am willing to trade for it that I can think of. Help me :)
Let's put it this way. I was just given some money to spend on Tarot. This was one that I didn't even consider. You know why - it feels totally artificial. In the weirdest way. You know - Ooh let's do something DIFFERENT.... something that will get me ATTENTION.

And yeah - it is different. But you know what ? I don't CARE.

And you know what else - there are two boxes. Yeah ? What FOR ? And it doesn't actually SAY anything about shipping, which always annoys me anyway.

Adds to the pretentiousness. (Course, I'll probably buy it in the end. Maybe. Or not. But don't, OK ?)

nisaba

<darkly> The kitschiness will grow bigger and bigger, and the "unafraid to be fabulous" will become arrogance. You won't like it.

Also, thinking about "star children" in popular culture nobody ever seems to consider that aliens or species from other planets are more likely to be bumbling along through life with no greater wisdom than our own, or to have rendered themselves extinct, or to take the form of interstellar bacteria clouds, or slime clinging to the edge of ocean rocks.

Do you *really* want a deck that doesn't realise that?

lightpers

<darkly> The kitschiness will grow bigger and bigger, and the "unafraid to be fabulous" will become arrogance. You won't like it.

Also, thinking about "star children" in popular culture nobody ever seems to consider that aliens or species from other planets are more likely to be bumbling along through life with no greater wisdom than our own, or to have rendered themselves extinct, or to take the form of interstellar bacteria clouds, or slime clinging to the edge of ocean rocks.

Do you *really* want a deck that doesn't realise that?

This make me laugh and totally de-enabling this deck even more.

As for me, the size is too big to handle, nor Akashic and standard edition made any difference in pinkish-purple-ish-softblue-ish tones