Revelations Tarot

weareone213

Hello all! I am seriously considering purchasing this deck due to its unique artwork that incorporates reversals. I currently do not read with reversals. Has anyone used this deck before? If so, what has your experience been like?

illyria

Hi, weareone213.

It's quite an interesting deck--vibrant and mythologically rich--though I haven't used it in a while. Like you, I currently don't employ reversals, but I did when I bought the Revelations. It's a friendly, straightforward read for me, but I feel the art better lends itself to those who Do use reversals as the orientation of the card significantly informs how one views the images. I don't think that it would stop readers of our ilk to use the deck, though. If you're compelled to buy it, do it!

G6

I had it briefly because the concept of the deck appealed to me too, however I didn't care for it and traded it away shortly after I got it. I think the card backs were ugly. Ultimately, I think it was the art and deck presentation that didn't really do it for me in person.

Alta

It has been a long time since I acquired the deck. I know that I was never able to (wanted to?) read with it. Like illyria, I do recall that the art was cleverly done and the reversed image was significantly different in tone from the upright.

Sorry, best I can do without digging it out.

Aeric

I pull out Revelations every so often that I want suggestions about multiple approaches to a problem. Or to suggest or remind me of what I haven't already considered. It's the only deck where I intentionally spin the cards I read so that both sides are analyzed, so I never have to pull more than two or three.

I quite like the art, it's very dynamic. Because of how I read with it, I prefer seeing myself as the "hub" at the center of each card and reading how the two perspectives join at the common element. I think the only thing I don't quite like is that all the Majors wear masks, which suggests something to hide to me.

Deanne

I bought Revelations last year.
At first I didn't like it. I liked the concept, but the actual artwork did nothing for me (and that's an important thing to me). However, it's been growing on me. I find the more often I use it the more I like it. It really clicks for me when I use it intuitively, using just the imagery rather than following the standard meanings.

Also, I don't use reversals with other decks, but I do with this one. I generally incorporate both upright and reversed meanings into a card, regardless of which way it appears in a reading. But due to the flipped images in Revelations it makes sense to read them separately.