Upcoming Tarot Decks 2017

Arthurdubya

Angelarium/Peter Morbacher has absolutely gorgeous art. As an illustrator, it's exceptionally inspiring and beautiful to look at.

I have to say it's odd for it to become an oracle deck, though, and I don't think it's an isolated case.

I've seen very many tarot/oracle decks that were made with artwork not produced with that end result in mind, but rather collected/compiled after the fact. I can't speak for him, but it seemed more like he painted these Angels as part of a personal project, and then either he or a publisher had the idea and said "Hey, these look like they'd make a good deck!"

Somehow, I feel the cards cannot be as directly connected to what they're supposed to represent as well as artwork made expressly for the purpose of being a deck. It feels shoehorned and dishonest, even if the artwork itself is gorgeous and makes you think.

I don't know if this is the thread to have this conversation, but I've felt this way before and seeing his name/work pop up immediately made me want to voice this.

aquestionmark

Jumbledance tarot
Where? Where?

Here:

http://www.wheelofchange.com/jumbledance-tarot/

Well shoot, looks like it won't be published until next year.. I inquired through the website and the response was:

"We are really glad you sent this message, because we lost track of what we had stated on our website about the Jumbledance release. I have just changed the wording to reflect the fact that we are actually quite a way off from being able to release the new version. It looks as if we are not going to be ready by even the end of this year. It takes a lot of work and $$ as well, and it's going to take longer than we thought. Alexandra is actually pretty far on the booklet so that will be done this year, if all goes according to plan. Perhaps we can do all the graphics prep next winter and get production started. I would say the earliest it would come out would be February of next year, but just to sure I have changed the website to read "later in 2018". Anyway, we do appreciate your inquiry (and your patience) and we will keep your email around so we can notify you when we have a significant update. Cheers, Ken and Alexandra Genetti"

rwcarter

Moderator Note

As a reminder, this is the Tarot Decks forum, so only Tarot decks may be discussed here. Please discuss Oracle Decks over in the Oracles forum. I have also changed the title of the thread to Upcoming Tarot Decks 2017.

gregory

Here:

Well shoot, looks like it won't be published until next year.. I inquired through the website and the response was:

"We are really glad you sent this message, because we lost track of what we had stated on our website about the Jumbledance release. I have just changed the wording to reflect the fact that we are actually quite a way off from being able to release the new version. It looks as if we are not going to be ready by even the end of this year. It takes a lot of work and $$ as well, and it's going to take longer than we thought. Alexandra is actually pretty far on the booklet so that will be done this year, if all goes according to plan. Perhaps we can do all the graphics prep next winter and get production started. I would say the earliest it would come out would be February of next year, but just to sure I have changed the website to read "later in 2018". Anyway, we do appreciate your inquiry (and your patience) and we will keep your email around so we can notify you when we have a significant update. Cheers, Ken and Alexandra Genetti"
That's great. I'd love a mass market version.

I see she says all the original purchasers will get the book - I must ask about that as I do have it...

I wish she'd bring out her daughter's deck again, too - Flowers of Life. (majors only).

Tanga

My new deck, entitled the Healing Light Tarot will be published by Lo Scarabeo in May 2017. I've loaded a gallery of images on my website for anyone who would like to have a look (follow the link from my Aeclectic profile). It's just appeared on both Amazon.Com and Amazon UK but from what I can see, they aren't accepting pre-orders as yet. xx

OOHHHH! - That's just gone straight to the top of my wish list. :)
May it is then!!
Thanks for sharing.

I'm expecting Monstarot... printing's been delayed so, waiting some-more...
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/monstarot/

rylla

Here:

Thanks for the info. At least their message gives me hope that sooner or later it will happen...