Evan Show "Lunatic Tarot" 2005

lunakasha

Cerulean said:
But no way that I know of to pull up all the cards.

I was just grateful to find the website had an English translation.

If others find a way, I'd also be grateful.

Cerulean

Thanks Cerulean! :D

I keep revisiting the site.....getting my "fix" so to speak, LOL....until the actual cards are in my hands! So there are 80 cards....:love:

I wonder why, on the website, when you look at the random cards (under "Games/Tarot Divination") they only show the Majors.....from what I've seen on tarotgarden, the Minors are just as lovely!

I also appreciate your suggestions for reading with the cards.....now if I can just figure out the best way to "shuffle" them, hehehe!!!

:) Luna

Alta

I have the deck as well, but cannot begin to match Cerulean's wonderful comments.

One thing, if anyone gets one and it is missing The Hermit, I have yours. :) Mine came with two.

I have been a fan of anime for several years, led into it my my eldest niece. But I would have to say that these paintings are far superior to any anime that I have seen so far. I find the interpretations of the cards to give little jolts; this is real tarot, not just an artist's conception. The quality of the printing and the cardstock is first rate. Quite honestly I have never seen anything like it. For storage, and because I don't plan to read with the deck, I put each card into a plastic sleeve and have the deck in a three ring binder. This works very well for me and I can enjoy the wonderful images easily and without concern.

Summerdream

I just ordered this lovely deck from Tarot Garden. I love the scans and can't wait to see it in person. I'll let you know If I'm missing a hermit Marion! ;)

Summerdream:)

lunakasha

Yet another question....

I am curious....maybe someone who has the deck can answer for me?

On the website, when you go into "Games/Tarot", there is a female wearing a cross, and with tiny bat-like wings coming from behind her shoulders. On the website, she is blinking!

Can anyone tell me which card she represents in the Lunatic deck???

Thanks so much....

Alta

lunakasha said:
On the website, when you go into "Games/Tarot", there is a female wearing a cross, and with tiny bat-like wings coming from behind her shoulders. On the website, she is blinking!

Can anyone tell me which card she represents in the Lunatic deck???
It is not one of the actual tarot cards. It is a full painting, but is one of the four 'extra' cards.

lunakasha

Marion said:
It is not one of the actual tarot cards. It is a full painting, but is one of the four 'extra' cards.

Ahhhh....OK, thanks Marion!

I kept looking at it, thinking she looks very similar to the figure on the World card, except for the wings....

So there are FOUR extra cards??? :bugeyed: WOW!!!

:D Luna :D (waiting oh-so-patiently....hehehe)

Alta

Two are full paintings, one is a sort of collage of some of the cards (nicely done imo) and one is an attractive title card. All full size, all the same quality.

lunakasha

Marion said:
Two are full paintings, one is a sort of collage of some of the cards (nicely done imo) and one is an attractive title card. All full size, all the same quality.

I am very anxious to see the collage! Maybe get a frame so I can put it up on the wall......the wait is agonizing, but this thread is making it tolerable! Thanks again to all of you--Marion, Cerulean and Adam, for your comments!

Cerulean

Funny, I thought one was just a cover...and the other an ad...

...but you're right, this can be seen as extra cards. I think the 'collage' is the four to six reductions of other images not seen elsewhere..?

Just guessing.

Interested in other opinions to their cards...I am surprised and happy of the discussion of the art and ideas!

I've already looking at which sticker emblems to add to mine...from Japanese and Chinese calligraphy and of the Seven Gods of Good Fortune...from the Treasure Ship of dreams that children should hopefully see in their nights before the New Year.

While this is not a children's tarot, one can see nostalgia from an adult aspect and many of the cards can show wistfulness as well.

I don't know if others will feel this--as I said, some of the cards are not sweet or nostalgic. You might not find them sensuous or interesting if you don't like anime in general. And for the sensitive, depending on your perspective, this might ruin it for you...

Best regards,

Cerulean

Sophie

From the scans, I was struck by something that looked - felt - like Dickensian characters revisited by manga & sent Through the Looking-Glass...

It's hard to see, from the scans, the "tarot-soundness" of the imagery - thanks for settling that point, Marion. I don't really mind if an image I like isn't "really tarot" but in a tarot deck, it's a bonus ;)

I can't wait! I must wait!

Cerulean, I have to add - in this thread as elsewhere on the forum & web, reading you is a visual & cultural feast. I've been going through the Meiji thread (in tarot creation) & I'm fascinated there too...where you go I follow, because I'm bound to be shown something I don't know - and taught to use my eyes differently.