6 of Wands as relationship outcome

Rapiere

Any thoughts on the 6 of Wands as a relationship outcome? We all know that the 6 of Wands speaks of a victory of some sort, so it might signify achieving the ultimate goal in a relationship. This card is also a lower echo of the Lovers, so the concept of choice-making is appropriate here: maybe making the right choice in order to come out as the winner in the situation? I find it hard to apply 6 of Wands to relationships, but this card has been stalking readings for this person and has shown up as an outcome on several occasions. I have to mention that there is a certain controversy in the relationship and it can not result in a solid commitment at the moment. I will be grateful for any insight!

obeygravity

6 of Wands in love readings has slowly started to become a bit of a red flag for me. It's a card that seems to continually be focused on having a strong emphasis on Ego fluffing and building. Depending on the other cards in the spread, 6 of Wands is a card that I can see as someone being able to successfully have their cake and eat it too. It can also be that someone will continually be placed on a pedestal, creating a lack of balance in how the people see one another - One party thinking the other is perfect and, therefor, unreachable, the other one basically eating up the pomp and circumstance they get over just... well, their presence. Most of the decks I have usually only show one person clearly while the others are just supporting figures, but there are some that show people clearly celebrating together.

I never thought to see Six of Wands as an extension of The Lovers but I can see it to a degree. It's also in extension associated with The Devil (card 15 - 1 + 5 = 6), so it's a bit of a toss up as to what kind of success you're staring down. Is it the kind of success that can be shared (the lovers) or is it the kind of success that consumes the ego (the devil).

Rapiere

6 of Wands in love readings has slowly started to become a bit of a red flag for me. It's a card that seems to continually be focused on having a strong emphasis on Ego fluffing and building. Depending on the other cards in the spread, 6 of Wands is a card that I can see as someone being able to successfully have their cake and eat it too. It can also be that someone will continually be placed on a pedestal, creating a lack of balance in how the people see one another - One party thinking the other is perfect and, therefor, unreachable, the other one basically eating up the pomp and circumstance they get over just... well, their presence. Most of the decks I have usually only show one person clearly while the others are just supporting figures, but there are some that show people clearly celebrating together.

I never thought to see Six of Wands as an extension of The Lovers but I can see it to a degree. It's also in extension associated with The Devil (card 15 - 1 + 5 = 6), so it's a bit of a toss up as to what kind of success you're staring down. Is it the kind of success that can be shared (the lovers) or is it the kind of success that consumes the ego (the devil).

Hi! This seems very accurate in the situation, thank you. It is actually a situation where the querent wants to "win", so it is interesting that the card came up. The other party is unreachable at the moment for a number of reasons, just like you said. So if the querent manages to win him over, to get him, it will be a celebration of sorts. And that will considerably boost her ego.
I can relate to the Devil ego here as well. Thank you for sharing this perspective!

I've had the same issue before. There was a reading I did months ago to see if there was a chance for reconciliation, and the Six of Wands popped. Nothing has happened so far. In that situation, I see it as an ego issue. Perhaps too much pride is between both people, or they prefer to show off 'from a distance' (such as social media)? It is confusing.

mahafrins

it frankly depends on the situation some times its a good i.e. u saw the 6 of wands things will go successfully as per plans but some times nope 6 of wands means a card of "ego" one person is not ready to do much in the relationship...

Picking a classifier might speak of something. Maybe the other person does like you but doesnt bother to understand you...

or could mean he wants to move things with the success of the 6 of wands so if you guys are on good terms this is a good card..

if bad terms, then he is too into his own self to notice you?

mary_leo

I got the 6 of wands for "how will the relationship be like" and what happened was that my ex needed more attention and care than I did.
He had severe health issues and some other problems which made the relationship be much more centered on him.
It doesn't always mean ego matters.

Mary

nisaba

Any thoughts on the 6 of Wands as a relationship outcome?

Well, outcomes are outcomes, not next-stages. If you have an ongoing communication, the relationship moves to next-stage, not to an outcome. An outcome card shows how the relationship will end: in old age by death, or in shorter terms. Even if the love-relationship ends permanently and you remain in communication with someone - say over shared work or shared children - that is not an outcome, that is merely the next stage of the relationship, which has changed from a love-relationship to some other kind of relationship.

That in mind, the Six Wands seems to show one partner being proud of defeating the other, and being praised for it.

Rapiere

I've had the same issue before. There was a reading I did months ago to see if there was a chance for reconciliation, and the Six of Wands popped. Nothing has happened so far. In that situation, I see it as an ego issue. Perhaps too much pride is between both people, or they prefer to show off 'from a distance' (such as social media)? It is confusing.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Yes, I am sure it could be about ego, I will have to explore the situation more. It is such a confusing card to get...There is a power struggle in this relationship, it could well be about that...

Rapiere

it frankly depends on the situation some times its a good i.e. u saw the 6 of wands things will go successfully as per plans but some times nope 6 of wands means a card of "ego" one person is not ready to do much in the relationship...

Picking a classifier might speak of something. Maybe the other person does like you but doesnt bother to understand you...

or could mean he wants to move things with the success of the 6 of wands so if you guys are on good terms this is a good card..

if bad terms, then he is too into his own self to notice you?

Yes, I agree it could go both ways. There is a certain ego issue in the situation, yes. But also the idea of moving things to the next level and overcoming differences. There is a controversy in the relationship and the people included have to fight to come to terms with society (5 of Wands was the likely outcome). 6 of Wands might be about "winning" in the end...

Rapiere

I got the 6 of wands for "how will the relationship be like" and what happened was that my ex needed more attention and care than I did.
He had severe health issues and some other problems which made the relationship be much more centered on him.
It doesn't always mean ego matters.

Mary

Thanks for sharing this! It is interesting, I would see the situation you described as a 6 of Pentacles actually... So it is very interesting that you got the 6 of Wands!