5 of Pentacles as the outcoming

Ninalii

I´m trying to develope my reading skills, and did a reading for my friend. He asked about his relationship, and I did a Celtic cross-spread.

As the outcoming (the 10:th card) I got 5 of pentacles. (The 9:th card was King of Wands), and I was wondering what this 5 of pents means as outcoming? Does it show a brake-up? The card tells about loss, spiritual loss, loss of health. Is it telling that this man will be left, or that he will feel abandoned by his partner? Does the king indicate that this man needs to develope skills in inner growth and that he needs to be more self-confident? Or does the king indicate that he needs to find help from a man like the King of wands, or that his girlfriend is seeing someone else?

Soooo many questions =) Thank you again!

starrystarrynight

Hi Ninalii,

A lot of the outcome of a Celtic Cross (or any other spread, for that matter!) can depend on all the rest of the cards in the spread. Did you think about posting the whole reading below in the Your Readings section?

Plus, keep in mind that there are many different versions of the Celtic Cross.

For instance, for me, I look at the 9th card in a CC as a Gate or Obstacle card--not Hopes and Fears, as many others call that position. So, if I were doing your spread and saw the King of Wands (upright and elementally dignified) come up here followed closely by the Outcome Five of Pentacles, I might think that there is another man who is or soon will be involved with your friend's partner and present as an obstacle to the relationship--resulting in your friend being "left out in the cold" as signified by the Five of Pentacles. If that is the case, I might say that part of the problem is that your friend will feel powerless to do anything about it and will not fight for his partner--which could also be something the spread is advising him to think about doing.

But again, the rest of the spread would have its say in the reading, as well. So take that with a grain of salt. :)

ofbainbridge

Ninalli,
5 of Pents as the outcome in a relationship spread

Upright I would say that the 5 of Pents characterizes the relationship as one that will be going through a few physical or material challenges - daily stuff that comes up in a relationship, lack of quality time spent together, lack of finances that causes a bit of stress, stresses at work, not having a night out together with friends etc

Reversed I would say that the 5 of Pents challenges turn into struggles that feel overwhelming...the people involved may feel isolated and not notice the friends and family close by that could provide advice or just camaraderie...

Blessings

Ninalii

Thank you very much for your answere!

I will post the whole spread in the other section with better time, it´s always nice to get other peoples insight! Espesially when I´m not so very good doing readings, but in time I will get there =)

And yes, I think as the 9:th card as the gate, too. So what you wrote was much what I thought, too.

But now I´m off to bed, it´s almost in the middle of the night here =)

Good night to all of you!

Vadella

One of them will feel rejected by the other, let out of something, possibly wasn't invited... so then they go through a period of feeling separated from each other in the more internal, deeper "something is very missing" sense. They end up stronger for coming through it. Because they will work on it, but first they must acknowledge it.

xx
Vad

xhollysue

Using RWS imagery, I could also see it as them going through a rough time together. Like, for example, the economic crisis? Death of a loved one or pet? Loss of a job? Their love will be tried and if it survives it will be strengthened through adversity.

Ninalii

Thank you so much for all the answeres!

I did this reading for my friend a while ago, and now there has been some difficulties in the relationship. We´ll see how it ends up...

But all the answeres gave a new insight in the matter, everyone here is so helpful!

punchinella

xhollysue said:
Using RWS imagery, I could also see it as them going through a rough time together. Like, for example, the economic crisis? Death of a loved one or pet? Loss of a job? Their love will be tried and if it survives it will be strengthened through adversity.
xhollysue, I'm with you on this. I actually usually see 5/Pents as a fundamentally reassuring card, in the sense that this is the bottom of the wheel & things can't, therefore, get much worse. (This logic makes particular sense if you look at a Morgan Greer deck :) ) The people here are not alone; they do have one another.

GoddessArtemis

I haven't read the other posters' feedback so I apologize if I repeat something.

I've read this card as an outcome in several different ways, especially in relationships readings:

1. the couple stick together through thick/thin
2. one person (or maybe both) feel rejected, left out, ignored, insignificant
3. one/both people feel as if they don't have the resources to deal with what's going on, so it makes everyone feel helpless and unstable
4. Yes, even a break-up (which goes back to #2)

The no. 5 is a number of change, a state of flux, things aren't stable and will not stay the same - but they aren't easy while going through them; however, the purpose of no. 5 cards (like the Hierophant) is to teach the person a lesson, often a spiritual one.

Hope that helps!

GA :)