5 of Pentacles equal broken bones?

BeyondtheVeil

Debra said:
Oh boy. Well, one of the meaings of the 5 of Pents is "there is help for you right HERE!--look, look!--you don't have to pass it by--so that's you and the handicap ramp, eh?

Sometimes, I swear, it's impossible to tell. The cards say but the answer is so specific and strange, we just can't see it.

LOL!! Yes, that was me and the handicap ramp!! LOL

I really felt like I completely missed what the card was trying to say. I was doing it as an exercise. It said "draw your daily card". At the end of the day, I was supposed to record what the card meant "to me" in my life. Boy.. did I get more than I bargained for! LOL It was my first daily card and I haven't done one since! lol

I feel like it was so specific and I don't know if I would have gotten it with more cards or not. I like to think so, but honestly I'm not sure.

nisaba

BeyondtheVeil said:
I really felt like I completely missed what the card was trying to say. I was doing it as an exercise. It said "draw your daily card". At the end of the day, I was supposed to record what the card meant "to me" in my life. Boy.. did I get more than I bargained for! LOL It was my first daily card and I haven't done one since! lol
<completely seriously> Can I ask why not?

le fey

My daily cards surprise me all the time... its such a great lesson in looking at the cards from a literal perspective. I always want to see the big, philosophical aspects of them and then...wham, in yer face.

The funniest (well it was funny LATER) way that ever played out was the 10 of Cups... thinking ooh la la, gonna be a great day.. and it was, right up until a plumbing mishap happened that had water, water everywhere.

BeyondtheVeil

nisaba said:
<completely seriously> Can I ask why not?
Well.. I broke my ankle and leg by not knowing the meaning. I figured that I would be better off not doing any more until I could figure it out. LOL
Though I am thinking of actual starting again. This site is so helpful. I wished I had known about this site before now. I really appreciate all of the help!

BeyondtheVeil

le fey said:
My daily cards surprise me all the time... its such a great lesson in looking at the cards from a literal perspective. I always want to see the big, philosophical aspects of them and then...wham, in yer face.

The funniest (well it was funny LATER) way that ever played out was the 10 of Cups... thinking ooh la la, gonna be a great day.. and it was, right up until a plumbing mishap happened that had water, water everywhere.

Oh no! lol See, that would be my thinking. I would think a great day, maybe with family... then I would get the plumbing issue instead.
I guess that is why we need to be "intuitive"?

Thanks for sharing that story! It makes me feel not so alone. I was pretty embarrassed that I completely missed the meaning of the card. I am glad to see that sometimes it happens to others. {not glad that you had a plumbing issue}. HUGS!

nisaba

BeyondtheVeil said:
Well.. I broke my ankle and leg by not knowing the meaning. I figured that I would be better off not doing any more until I could figure it out. LOL
Though I am thinking of actual starting again. This site is so helpful. I wished I had known about this site before now. I really appreciate all of the help!
Well, the meaning isn't "broken ankle", the meaning is a reduction of your personal resources, which probably in your case can be set off by injuries (it can for many people). All that knowing the meaning in advance would have enabled you to do is take it on the chin, accept it in good spirits. If the card had come up as a warning to me, I would simply have reduced my spending and been a bit careful with money, and perhaps chose not to lend people stuff.

Now, cards like the Eight Wands which is usually associated with haste, may warn you to slow down if there is a potential of injury through speed, or the Chariot may occasionally warn of the risk of injury because of vehicles or uncontrolled energy (the "horses" not under the Charioteer's control).

There is no one card that says "broken ankle". In my opinion the deck did the right thing by you - perhaps a three-card spread as a daily would have given you more information.

If you are afraid that by predicting something bad the Tarot somehow "made it happen", you'd be totally wrong, it was instead shouting a warning at you so that you could take evasive action. Okay, so in that particular instance it wasn't shouting in the same language you were listening in - this is where spending a *lot* of time pulling cards and relating them to your life over time so as to get to know your own deck's symbolic language will come in handy. Exactly hte opposite of what you say you are doing. If you want to be more accurate, spend a lot *more* time with your deck, not less, and find out exactly what cards you draw on days when all sorts of stuff happens. No card will exactly describe an event as you seem to think they should, but after a while you'll pick up on the energies and *types* of events they are talking about, which will help yourself prepare for your day more appropriately.

Doing as you;re suggesting and *not* pulling cards in order to learn, won't help you learn what the cards you are not pulling are trying to tell you.

BeyondtheVeil

nisaba said:
Well, the meaning isn't "broken ankle", the meaning is a reduction of your personal resources, which probably in your case can be set off by injuries (it can for many people). All that knowing the meaning in advance would have enabled you to do is take it on the chin, accept it in good spirits. If the card had come up as a warning to me, I would simply have reduced my spending and been a bit careful with money, and perhaps chose not to lend people stuff.

Now, cards like the Eight Wands which is usually associated with haste, may warn you to slow down if there is a potential of injury through speed, or the Chariot may occasionally warn of the risk of injury because of vehicles or uncontrolled energy (the "horses" not under the Charioteer's control).

There is no one card that says "broken ankle". In my opinion the deck did the right thing by you - perhaps a three-card spread as a daily would have given you more information.

If you are afraid that by predicting something bad the Tarot somehow "made it happen", you'd be totally wrong, it was instead shouting a warning at you so that you could take evasive action. Okay, so in that particular instance it wasn't shouting in the same language you were listening in - this is where spending a *lot* of time pulling cards and relating them to your life over time so as to get to know your own deck's symbolic language will come in handy. Exactly hte opposite of what you say you are doing. If you want to be more accurate, spend a lot *more* time with your deck, not less, and find out exactly what cards you draw on days when all sorts of stuff happens. No card will exactly describe an event as you seem to think they should, but after a while you'll pick up on the energies and *types* of events they are talking about, which will help yourself prepare for your day more appropriately.

Doing as you;re suggesting and *not* pulling cards in order to learn, won't help you learn what the cards you are not pulling are trying to tell you.

Thanks! No, I don't think the cards 'made" me get hurt. I, too, think that they were giving me a warning that I didn't understand. I was just saying that I stopped doing the daily draws after that because what is the sense in getting warnings that I don't understand. Now I see what you mean that I should do those anyway. You are right, the more I use them the better I will get at knowing some of their possible meanings.

We are very lucky that we don't have to worry about insurance/medical bills so that part didn't register with me. It hasn't really done anything "money wise" to me or against me. The only meaning that actually relates to me and/or that day is either 'an accident" or "broken bones". Does that make sense of what I am trying to say? I keep looking over the meanings {book meanings} and nothing clicks except for accident. When I did readings with the other deck {now in storage}, the 5 of Pentacles also came out as "down and out" , 'shut out", "left in the cold", etc. Well to me with the readings from that deck. This is a fairly new deck that I am trying to 'bond" with. {I guess that is what you would call it}.
Thanks so much for all of your help and input! : - } It is so helpful to get others ideas/thoughts on this.