"Dark" RWS Clone - does anyone own this deck?

la-luna

photokat said:
The card backs look nice, too.
I had initially found this on Ebay , bookmarked it, and it was sold 30 minutes later already.

The auction (Nr 170415659401 on Ebay) came with following text:

NEW! Limited Edition.
Only 100 decks produced.
SPECIFICS:
Each card measures 4.5" X 2.75", Printed on #110 acid free cardstock. Major Arcana cards include star symbols (where appropriate). Each card has a number denoting its place in the deck, all of the face cards of the Minor Arcana carry an I Ching symbol representing the cards attributes through combination's of Earth, Fire, Water & Air.
For Sale is the 'Dark Deck', deck Number 9/100. All 78 cards.
Includes a numbered, signed, genetically signed, Certificate of Authenticity
& Handcrafted matching storage bag.

oops that was me i'm affraid (but not sorry about it }) )

photokat said:
I can totally appreciate the boobies, too.
And I'm straight!

I like them to
and i'm not straight ;)

pippi

HearthCricket said:
Does anyone know if this deck has any kind of lamination or coating to it? Or is it like the Il Meneghello decks?

That is what I have been searching this thread for. Has anyone asked the artist if there is any type of lamination or varnish on it, or if it's just printed on card stock? I think the sepia colored one is quite nice, but if I can't shuffle it, that kills all desire for me.

Wendywu

The Il Meneghello's shuffle like a dream - if this deck is like those, I'll be a very happy bunny. All I don't want is gungy thick Italian style lamination - anything except that is fine by me :)

HearthCricket

pippi said:
That is what I have been searching this thread for. Has anyone asked the artist if there is any type of lamination or varnish on it, or if it's just printed on card stock? I think the sepia colored one is quite nice, but if I can't shuffle it, that kills all desire for me.

I wrote and asked, so if I get an answer, I will post it. I am the same as you. I love this deck, but I want to USE it. I don't really use my Il Meneghello decks much. I love them, but they bend way too easily, so I lightly enjoy their extreme beauty! This looks like I deck I want to get down and deep with!

Nina*

They really ARE funny. See what it says at the bottom of the site:

''All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced by any means or media without the expressed written consent of BCD. This site uses 100% recycled electrons. Content is the property of the respective copyright holders, used with permission. No animals were harmed/ tested in the making of this site.''

:D

rwcarter

Seeker*13* said:
I just ordered the Light Deluxe and the Dark Deck.
Great minds think alike! I just paid for the same combination.

Rodney

Sinduction

I caved, after checking my savings account balance, and ordered one of each in the standard editions. I do hope there is some sort of lamination.

Essjay

rwcarter said:
Great minds think alike! I just paid for the same combination.

Rodney

Ooh - did you just get your invoice?

rwcarter

Essjay said:
Ooh - did you just get your invoice?
It was in my mailbox when I woke up this morning.

Essjay

Hopefully mine won't be long, I'm terrible at waiting.