Phantasmagoric The Lovers 6

darwinia

n = 0

1n = 001

Melvis

Oh, you know, that was a 'note' of pure...jealousy.

Yup.

"TOO Cute" in Melvis-speak actually translates to, "Gee, no one has come home to my house lately because they 'missed me'. Sniff." Waaah, waaah. Whine, whine.

Well, OK, I live alone so that's not likely to happen anyway. But still. You know what I mean.

But I do have this love affair going with the Aeclectic Forum, so I guess I'm never really 'alone'. ;)

Maybe it's just those Lovers, makin' me feel all warm and fuzzy. This deck tends to do that to me! :)

Peace, baby!

Melvis
:TSTRE

Little Baron

I have been away all day and I missed you Melvis.

*Fuzzy feeling restored I hope*

Yaboot

Melvis

Awww...

This pic shows how much 'warm and fuzzy' has been restored!

(Well, actually it was never really lost, but now there's just so much more of it! Thanks, Yaboot!)

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Attachments

• hug.jpg
    hug.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 212

joya250

hi all...

I know this is an old thread, but had to bump it up now that I've moved on to exploring the Lover's card. (had to pass over the Hierophant... cause sometime between Christmas and today, I lost the LWB! Wah!!!)

Great observations on this card. Funny. Like the rest of them, I don't particularly like the card at first. But then, the more I really look, the more I grow to dig it... These cards have a great feel to them. I love this little world Graham has created.

Okay, anyway, the Lovers...

What struck me is how tall the chair is! They couldn't possibly have gotten up it without a "boost" of some sort. Then I see the dice, and I think they must have each stood on their own die to climb up into the chair. Not sure if this represents fate (the roll of the dice of life) or what... but thought it was interesting to note. I, like the rest of y'all, tend to see the girl as the one on the right. What a cute couple. At first it bothered me that they were so young... how can pre-school kids be lovers?!?! But then it seems to make perfect sense... what love is purer than this? I can still remember my first crush. I was in nursery school. I would kick the back of his seat. We ran around the playground pretending we were "CareBears". He gave me my first Valentine's card. Perfect, sweet, pure... no ulterior motives, no worrying about all the stuff that comes with "adult" relationships. It is that kind of love (though, of course, more advanced) that "soulmate" stuff is made of... friends as well as lovers.

I wonder about the scenery of this card. How did the room come to exist? Where do those doors lead? They are so disproportionate. At first I would think it is just perspective drawing, and they are actually the "right" size... but then I question that. They seem like mouse-sized doors (a la Tom and Jerry cartoon)... perhaps these two entered through those doors, but then grew together? Can they even exit the doors again? Are they stuck here? Do they care? Are they so involved in each other they don't need to go back? Sometimes we meet someone, and we can never go back to the way we were before... and that may or may not be a good thing!

more to say, I'm sure, but getting sleepy.... and don't want to ramble (any more than I already have)...

joya

spoonbender

Wow! So much has been said about this card already – there’s not much more to say! Anyway, this is what struck me about The Lovers:

A loving couple sits on a throne, holding hands. Their sex isn’t clear to me, and Graham doesn’t give them names, probably to show that everyone has the right to love, whether it be two men, two women, or a man and a woman.

Melvis said:
[...] yet the two lovers are subtly different from each other: one has blue eyes and one has green eyes, etc. It's like they walk the same path, yet they appreciate each other for their differences.
Exactly, Melvis! The two of them look so much alike, but they have their differences: one is taller than the other; one has a crown that reads 56, while the crown of the other reads 24; etc. Do you think it’s significant that these numbers add up to 80 (8 + 0 = 8 = Strength)? Perhaps it shows that together, they stand strong?

Anyway, although they are a bit different, they are clearly made for each other! They share a thrown (even though there isn’t a lot of room because of the gigantic size of their heads), crowned with a heart that shows the number II: they are united in love.

Yaboot001 said:
Do you think that maybe the two doors symbolise some sort of trust as well. That even though they are locked into each other on the chair, they have the ability to still have their own lives outside of the relationship; do things with friends etc and have their own interests.
That’s exactly what I thought, Yaboot! I feel the two doors show how they give each other the necessary “breathing room”, something that can only grow from trust. I totally forgot about the aspect of choice the doors also show, though, so thanks for reminding me :)!

I feel that the card radiates silence and peace – the two look at each other smiling, and it seems as if they understand each other on such a deep level. They have found the key and unlocked the box, opening their hearts, expressing their love. The two dices show that fate has brought them to this point – their fates are now connected.

joya250 said:
They seem like mouse-sized doors (a la Tom and Jerry cartoon)... perhaps these two entered through those doors, but then grew together?
I love that interpretation, Joya!

Spoonbender

Little Baron

I also love that interpretation by Joya; the growing together. It will be hard to forget that one now. I don't think that I was aronf when you posted that Joya.

This is easily one of my favourite Lovers cards; there is so much in it to find. It shows the choise aspect perfectly and also the many sides of being in love. I like the independence that they both have as well.

Thanks for bumping these threads up again SB. Its really interesting and refreshing to read them again, whatever I deck I am currently working with.

Yaboot