Transformational Tarot being published by US Games

lunakasha

I received an email today from Arnell Ando, creator of the Transformational Tarot. She has self-published three decks, including the Transformational, but it has been unavailable for quite awhile. Today she announced that US Games will be publishing the deck...here is a quote from her website:

Transformational Soon to be Republished by US Games!
Special Notice Dated: February 16th 2005
I am happy to report I have mailed off my material to US Games and look forward to working with them on publishing Transformational Tarot. So exciting! Since the contract states that this version would be a deck and LWB only, it looks like with a bit of pruning and editing I was able to squeeze my former book into a chubby LWB for this deck, (pending their approval). The size of the cards will be standard US Games deck size (2.75 x 4.75), so a bit larger then my original publishing (when they were poker deck size), so that should be nice. The handmade collages were actually created on a blank deck of US Games a decade ago, so their new size is an exact match. And in the meantime I've learned Photoshop so I've applied this skill to making the imagery look a bit cleaner, and more streamline for the US Games version...so I hope you'll be pleased. I trust Diane Wilkes of Tarot Passages will spread the word when we know the deck is becoming available in stores and I will also post here. I plan to offer it on my site for anyone who may want a signed copy...with free shipping thrown in to show my appreciation for the support.
Bright blessings, Arnell

You can check out Arnell's work at http://arnellart.com

I am very excited about finally being able to work with this beautiful and unique deck....

:) Luna

Rusty Neon

That's great news. The Transformational Tarot is one of the better executed collage decks. Thanks for the heads-up, lunakasha!

Anyone know what the expected on-storeshelves date will be?

mnemosyne7

Woohoo! I love Arnell's work. I've owned two of her decks, and wound up gifting them to folks who love Tarot. They were so exquisite, I had to share. I'm definitely going to be in line for this - I might even keep it this time.

Mnem

lunakasha

Rusty Neon said:
That's great news. The Transformational Tarot is one of the better executed collage decks. Thanks for the heads-up, lunakasha!

Anyone know what the expected on-storeshelves date will be?

You are most welcome, Sir Rusty....;)

I don't think we have a time frame yet (and we all now how infamously slow USG can be) but I will definitely post here when/if I hear any news!!!

truelighth

This is great news, although I am afraid we probably still in for quite a wait (yes, U.S. Games is infamously slow). Also, U.S. Games has been talking to Arnell Ando about the possible release of her deck since the Chicago conference in 2003. So I am glad they finally are giving her the go ahead. The deck and Arnell both deserve it!

Owlface

Transformational

This really is good news. I'm a fan of Arnell's work and am very fortunate to have her Hero's Journey deck, in the beautiful collaged box she made for it. It's good to know US Games are going to make her well-known to a wider audience, my only query being : why didn't they do it years ago ?

love to all,

rosyelf

lunakasha

Update

Just found this update on Arnell's website, dated August 5, 2005:

I am happy to report I mailed off my material to US Games in February and look forward to their publishing Transformational Tarot. Towards the end of July I heard from their art dept. that they have begun work on it. So exciting! Since the contract states that this version will be a deck and LWB only, with a bit of pruning and editing I was able to squeeze my former book into a chubby LWB for this deck, (pending their approval). The size of the cards will be standard US Games deck size (2.75 x 4.75), so a bit larger then my original publishing (when they were poker deck size), so that should be sweet. The handmade collages were actually created on a blank deck of US Games a decade ago, so their new size is an exact match. And in the meantime I've learned Photoshop so I've applied this skill to making the imagery look sharper, cleaner and more streamline for the US Games version...so I hope you'll be pleased. I trust Diane Wilkes of Tarot Passages will spread the word when we hear its becoming available in stores and I will also post here. I have heard from the art dept. of US Games that they anticipate it to become available either this fall or by next spring at the latest. I plan to offer it on my site for anyone who may want a signed copy...with free shipping thrown in to show my appreciation for the support (if you're from outside the U.S. please check with me and if its in the realm of being reasonable to mail to your country then I'd be happy still to cover the cost)..
Bright blessings, Arnell

I am VERY excited to hear that this deck is coming out soon....just wanted to share the news!

baba-prague

Yes, I'm also looking forward to this one. It's a deck with a lot of unusual and likeable qualities - it's got a certain attitude and humour that I love.

la-luna

and yet another for my to-buy-soon-list

lunakasha

UPDATE from Arnell....

Just found this posted on Arnell's website....looks like we now have
an estimated release date from US Games:

Special Notice Updated: August 31st 2005

I am happy to report I mailed off my material to US Games in February and look forward to their publishing Transformational Tarot. Towards the end of July I heard from their art dept. that they had begun work on it. I was then asked to either revise or re-do 8 of the cards that they felt didn't really fit the style of the rest of the deck, which I've just completed and am mailing off to them tomorrow (Sept 1st). Their time estimation for this deck is either by Autumn or Winter (they feel safer to say it should be out by January of '06)....

(The rest of the post was a repeat of the last update, so I didn't bother repeating it here).

So it looks like....fall '05 (HOPEfully), winter/early '06 (most likely) or spring/summer '06 (at the latest). Just around the corner really....;)