so Excited just ordered Rider Waite

SuzanneMoon

I am so excited tonight i have saved my pennies for a while and i finally had enough to by the Original Rider Waite deck a deck i have wanted for a long time.
I am pretty new to tarot though i do have a few decks. I am really keen to learn all about the meanings of the cards and i know i will get alot of support here (((hugs)))

See you around the forums

Love and Hope
Suzanne
xxx

Little Baron

The RWS is a great deck. It is a very important part of tarot's history.

I also really like the illustrations - the 'Original Rider Waite' is my favourite from the lot because I like the old feel it has to it. The drawings (which are not recoloured and drawn like the Universal and Radiant) really connect with my intuition.

I hope you enjoy your new deck when it arrives. You will get lots of help here, I am sure. Just ask. Let us know what you think when it arrives.

which decks do you own and use already?

LB

tmgrl2

Welcome, SuzanneMoon...and good luck with the new deck...

Yup AT is a pretty great place to be...and to learn.

Keep on sharing your experiences...

Blessings,
terri

Emily

Hi SuzanneMoon,

The Original Rider Waite was my first deck too - when I first came here. :)

I didn't appreciate it at the time because of its old fashioned feel and colouring and soon got seduced to more colourful, or to my eyes prettier decks. Pity I couldn't read with these other decks lol.

I do use the Original Rider Waite now, its still a deck I turn to for reference and study because it has the details that are sometimes missed in the recoloured versions of the RWS but if you like the RWS style you probably won't stick with just the one version. I love the symbolism of the RWS and have most versions of the deck - the Giant Rider Waite is my baby of the moment. :)

Have fun with your new deck. :)

SuzanneMoon

Aww thanks guys

I used to use the The Witchy Tarot Deck alot (aka Teen Witch Tarot) but lately i have grown part from them.
I also own Titanias Star Tarot which i have used only a few times but i like the colours and images on them.
I also read Angel Cards using the Harmony Angel Cards by Angela Mcgerr these are really beautiful cards and i have a unique bonding with them they are with me wherever i go.

I will let you know what i think of them when they arrive but deep down i know i will love the RWS deck :)

thanks for you messages ((hugs))

Love and Hope
Suzanne
xxxx

Little Baron

You're welcome SuzanneMoon.

I think you will notice the difference. I am not well aquainted with either the Witchy or the Star but I have seen them both. In terms of the Star, it may open your intuition up to have a scenic deck like the RWS. I must admit, I am not a fan of the Witchy, from what I have seen, and I think your studies of the tarot would benefit from a deck such as the RWS because of the symbols incorperated into the cards. There is also many more readers who can help you here with interpretation, since it is a classic deck which is well respected.

Just a hunch, but I think your studies will take you to a new level with the RWS. It is one of my main reading decks (along with the Marseille) and one that I never tire of.

Hope it gets here soon.

LB

SuzanneMoon

Thankyou LB :D
I must agree with you on the witchy tarot deck like, as i loved it at first but now i am totally repelled by them. I think after having to send away for the justice and strength card as they had printed them wrong sort of gave me an inkling that i could not do serious readings with them anymore

Love & Hope
Suzanne
xx

Tarotphelia

Oh Suzanne, you'll just be an old hippie in no time !! Congratulations ..

divinerguy

Have fun with your new deck. Listen to others, but more importantly, listen to yourself. The tarot inspires your soul and tweaks intuition. This intuition is what makes for a great reading.

Abrac

I can relate to your feeling of excitement in anticipation of a new Tarot deck SuzanneMoon. I still get that way after 25 years with Tarot.

The RWS was my first deck and I still use it to read with. I especially like the illustrated pips for reading. However, I find the majors a bit "busy" sometimes. Can't see the forest for the trees sort of thing. But it's loaded with symbolism and one can spend hours, nay, years sorting it all out.

Have fun!

fools_fool