*Which deck IS it???!!!*

blackroseivy

I simply CANNOT remember the name - it has some short, simple name! It's like the darkest of dark decks ever done! It's being sold on eBay all the time, it's self-published & has images of absolute destruction! I KNOW that there is a review of it on this very site, but I'm damned if I can find it!!! HELP!!!

"Death" is a man kneeling in front of a tree-stump, which has the only sprig of green in the whole deck of bleak landscape with dead trees. He has something carved in blood on his back, I think. I KNOW I JUST SAW that review - I can't find it now!!! Again, HELP!!

blackroseivy

NEVER MIND - I FOUND IT!! The "Guardian Tarot"!!! :D

Chronata

hee hee..

I am not sure I would ever have known that was the deck you were looking for based on that description,Danubhe!

Because really...it's not a dark deck at all.

Okay...it is darkly colored and all the angel people are slightly creepy...

But actually, there is minimal amounts of destruction featured in it.

I think the creator may even have wanted it to have a kind of hopeful message...albeit a very goth-y one! It has a lot of RWS symbolism.

BTW...The blood on the back of the figure in death depicts an angel with his wings clipped.

Lee

I agree, I don't find this to be a dark deck. Just kind of melancholy.

-- Lee

blackroseivy

Guess I'm not clear on the whole "dark" concept... (Have you read the review of it here?)

Lillie

Thae's a new onto me, I have never seen it here.

Cute though.

I like anything about the essential meaninglessness of everything.

But I think the reviewer might have been letting his work get to him! :D

Chronata

LOL! You are right, danubhe...I never did read the reveiw until now.
It's quite funny.

I guess it is dark.

( was thinking dark like death and destruction...)

But this deck is certainly datrk in its colors.
It has a lot of really blood red skies,(or dark grey cloudy skies) cemetery like statues, and vacant expressions.

I used it for a Halloween show, because I thought it might inspire some fun dramatic gothic ghostly readings (this is before I got Vargo's tarot!)

But I guess I was sort of disappointed, because all the readings had such a positive, optimistic message to me.