$5 deck sale at Llewellyn

FaerieStorm

I just received my package yesterday. The package included 3 of the 4 decks I ordered: Journey to the Orient, III Mill, and Lombardy. The Durer Tarot must be backordered. As Maxxine stated, the backordered deck wasn't listed on my invoice. Perhaps they cancelled it al together. After looking at the decks, I can see why they were on special :). None of them thrill me. But what can you expect for $5 bucks?

-FS-

Clementine_webb

As an aside..

LMAO @ rabid, slobbering, deck-addicted Aeclecticians ...I'd buy a t-shirt that said that!

Ilithiya

Maxxinewebb said:
LMAO @ rabid, slobbering, deck-addicted Aeclecticians ...I'd buy a t-shirt that said that!

Heck, I'd make it, but I can't draw any pic that ought to go with it... :(

Illy

Annabelle

Just got off the phone with Llewellyn customer service.

My entire order has shippped . . . except for the Ancient Italian and the Marseille, both of which were out of stock by the time my order came in. The person I talked to said they only had 13 of those two decks in stock, and that a whole bunch of orders came in all at once that they weren't prepared for.

And, as others have already noted, they aren't doing backorders. Ah well. I already have a ton of Marseille variants, and I liked the look of the Classic better than the Ancient Italian anyhow. :)

Shaymus

Received my order today......8 decks and 2 books. I like them all. I'll certainly order again from them. I can't wait until their next sale. It took just a week to get my order and I'm in Canada. The package was well wrapped and it was exciting to get all those decks at once, problem is......where do I start..haha

Shaymus

magpie9

My order just came in. I ordered on the first day, and got everything except the Durer--7 decks out of 8 ain't bad!

I had ordered 2 Lieber T's, and got them--now I'd love to swap one for a Durer! I think I'll start a trading thread--I bet we could do some swapping and all end up happy as bunnies in a carrot patch! :D

nikkeihime

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I ordered a Liber T deck too! I couldn't believe the great price.

petegrey

Now I really don't think their customer service department knows whats going on.

I placed 2 orders. One for 6 decks and then another 6. I ordered right when this sale was announced.

When I called 2 days ago, they said the first order went out, with exception for the Renaissance deck. Ok, so I got the first order today and I did get charged accordingly ($28).

They said the 2nd order went out complete, which should be $33. I just checked my bank and was only charged $18. So apparently I'm only getting 3 of those decks now.

Frustrating bring misinformed and not knowing what you are getting!!!

I'm going to forward an email to them letting them know of the large customer base they can draw from this site (although they probably are aware) and advise them to read this thread to see some of the frustrations displayed here.

Annabelle

Eeep. I started wondering . . . and I checked my bank account . . . and it turns out that Llewellyn has only charged me $10!!! Which is very strange, as they told me that my order was complete (except for the two out-of-stock decks). (I ordered 7 decks, and hence was expecting 5 after talking to them earlier.)

Now I have no idea what is going on, and suspect they don't either.

Annabelle

Interesting. Two of the seven decks I ordered arrived today - the Liber T and the Bruegel. The packing slip, curiously enough, 1) only showed that I'd ordered four decks (two of which were no longer available) and 2) showed no shipping charges (and my bank account confirms that).

Not a bad deal, all in all, to get two new decks for just $10. But . . . I do wonder what happened to my order for the Classic, Atlantis, and Durer, which weren't even on the packing slip. My guess is that those were silently canceled somehow.