What is the general meaning of the color gold in this system?

punchinella

Rosanne said:
The General Book of Tarot by AE Thierens 1930 (annotation of musical correspondances seperate sheet in back)- was later printed as Astrology & the Tarot 1975 without music scale notations.~Rosanne
Ah, fascinating . . . I am envisioning composition by Tarot . . . seriously!
Rosanne said:
I cannot see any Victorian print colours of that jade sort of green that the 'Original RWS' (Northwind beware!)uses in the background.
You mean the color that makes my new deck so pretty? I would describe it as a sort of a light aqua, except that it seems to come in different shades, the darkest and most yellow becoming more of a jade (Hermit card only).

Grrrr . . . time to get out the old ugly & compare.

Rosanne

It does not make much sense to me but here goes
The World is A Flat, The Star is A Sharp, The Wheel is A
Judgement, The Tower and the Emperor are Middle C
The Lovers and The Sun are D
The HP, Temperance and Hanged Man are G Sharp
The Hermit is F
The Moon is B
The Devil is B Flat (well he would be would he not?)
Fool,Magician,Strength,Empress are E with the N.B. High and Low tone
The Heirophant is C Sharp
Justice and The Chariot are E sharp/F Flat
Death is G
Howsat! I guess If I laid them out there would be a sequence that I could understand- Go for it it would be an interesting peice :D
As to your pretty 'Original RWS' I like this variant- but I do not think it was the original colours.~Rosanne

punchinella

Oh, that's so cool! In an outrageous sort of a way, of course . . . (punchinella scurries off to copy)

I'm going to use this.

P.S. Rosanne, what do you mean by the N.B. high and low tone? Actually now that I look at this it's even more strange, with D sharp/E flat and F sharp/G flat missing altogether, and E sharp/F flat together, although in fact they are two separate notes (F and E, in that order). Wow. Should make for really interesting composing :laugh:

Rosanne

Punchinella- N.B. means please note (haha Pun!) I guess seen as they are all E's it means at either end of the scale ??? Low E and the High E whichever you would choose? I have just read from a book I don't understand called 'Sacred Tarot' C.C.Zain.(others brighter than me might find it a breeze) the following.......
"..now with physical tones if the vibration is increased to a certain degree, the same sound repeats itself on a higher level. We commonly call these higher levels an octave expression of the tone....snip snip200 pages and then...the chief vibratory rate, is that of the key in which the composition is played. This Key is itself a musical tone; for instance, the Key of C. The key of C has the same vibratory rate as that radiated by th planet Mars, or by the letter O. The direct effect of a tone, or a musical composistion played in the Key of that tone, may be known by referring to the tone associated with each major Arcanum."
I have not found these tones yet within the book and I am not mathmatically minded.. so bear with me while I try to find out more. Its all double Dutch folk music to me lol. ~Rosanne
Oh there seems to be a better list in Tarot for Dummies which makes more sense- I will type it out if you wish.

tigerlily

Rosanne, I think he is speaking of overtones, like the ones those singing tibetian monks make
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtone_singing
http://www.overtonesinging.com/ - scroll down to "What is overtone singing?, there's a video ... and yes, the "electronic thingie" is a human voice!

It's also a really cool way to meditate, once you've found out how to do it (there are teaching cd's available).

And you MUST check out this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stfIjObFZYU&feature=related (Hidden World: Cymatics) - how vibration creates shape. Stunning!

HoneyBea

Northwind said:
Yes Rosanne :). I think you would really enjoy that book. I had to order it in though.

Michelle Jackson refers to the "yellow" as "ochre" but my understanding of ochre is quite different. Ochre was the first colour paint. In my understanding, it's more red than yellow.

I haven't got to reading the end of this post yet, but there is a yellow ochre, I use it in my watercolours and it's a sort of tanny yellow.

hunter

I am currently fascinated with color study and symbols. I picked the RWS as my deck, because I thought it would fit into my studies better than a newer, prettier deck.