the Tarot of the Time Being

nisaba

Here.

This guy writes deep, thoughtful songs, and at least since his hair turned white, on stage he has Magical Poise and draws and directs magical power from his audience. He's a thing unto himself.

And I want his deck.

I also want to review it - desperately.

nisaba

Here is the outrageous reply I received to my email.

Dear Friends, thanks for your interest in the TAROT of the Time Being!

Due to the great response to the Red Bull Article, I’ve sending a group e-mail.

Right now the TOTB BOX set is exclusively available on the usa tour. http://thechurchband.net/

After the tour is there’ll be on-line orders through thetimebeing.com and/or Facebook.

I’ll keep you all up-dated in the near future!

Thanks much! OXEM

I'm frothing. After all, he's an Australian musician, I'm an Australian Tarotista, he's currently IN Australia not a hundred miles from where I'm sitting, and he refuses to give me a chance to buy it, letting mere Americans buy it first? What kind of fair play is that?

Is anyone here planning on seeing The Church in concert? I'll send money ...

SunChariot

Here.

This guy writes deep, thoughtful songs, and at least since his hair turned white, on stage he has Magical Poise and draws and directs magical power from his audience. He's a thing unto himself.

And I want his deck.

I also want to review it - desperately.

Wow, I want that deck too, and I stopped buying new decks years ago. LOL

I don't have or want Facebook, but keep us posted if you hear any details. :grin:

Babs

nisaba

Apparently, every single copy is on tour. I find that passing hard to believe. I am Very Sad. Apparently, September will be my first opportunity to buy. <deep sigh>

nisaba

I've found this.

A bit pricy, but you get all the whirlygigs with it. And no button to buy!

DarkYarns

Oh my. I need this just for the Ziggy Stardust/King of Flames card. Any deck with Bowie is a deck I need.

rubyalison

I was not aware of this deck until reading an article about a week ago. I very much want this deck.

You can imagine my disappointment when I also received the email about availability. Because the thing is, I had actually just seen The Church in concert less than a week before that. However I hadn't gone over to look at the merch at all. If I had and had seen the tarot deck, I certainly would have bought it immediately.

It was a fantastic concert by the way. I was very impressed with the band. And there I was, flipping tarot cards between sets with the mini deck I brought in my purse, fantasizing about giving tarot readings backstage - so clueless about Steve Kilbey's tarot involvement and the amazing looking deck so close yet apparently so far away...

nisaba

It was a fantastic concert by the way. I was very impressed with the band.

They write deep, thoughtful songs. And when he gets on stage (not so much as a younger man, but certainly now), you can feel his body filling up with divinity. He becomes a huge greater-than-human. It's pretty impressive.

Terrapin

I like the Church's music a lot. I had no idea either about Steve Kilby's interest in tarot. It dovetails so nicely with his poetic/lyrical abstractions. Someone who can come up with a song title like 'Priest = Aura', well it says something about them. What a true artist he is. I'm hoping that I can purchase an on-line deck when their American tour is over. That big one is a bit pricey and well, it's big. :)