Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Do you have any of the 78 Tarot Decks or 78 Tarot Nautical {Tarot of Water}

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks


 
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Citizen

BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
78 Tarot Decks or 78 Tarot Nautical {Tarot of Water}


I'm wondering if you guys have any of the 78 Tarot collaborative decks? If so, what are you thoughts about them. Which deck do you have? How long did it take to ship? How long did it take to get to your house after you got a shipping notice?

What do you like about the deck? Did you participate in illustrating/designing any of the cards? That would be cool to know also.


Here are the links to some of the 78 Tarot Decks...


This is the one that I have...
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/78-tarot-nautical/


There is the original {?} 78 Tarot http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/78-tarot/


And the next deck on my wishlist... 78 Tarot Carnival
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/78-tarot-carnival/



Thanks in advance!


Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #1
rwcarter's Avatar
rwcarter  rwcarter is offline
student of tarot
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,843
rwcarter 
student of tarot

rwcarter's Avatar

I have the original 78 bought through the Kickstarter campaign. My biggest complaint about that deck was that the nicely embroidered bag for the deck was the same size as the deck, and therefore too small for the deck.

I didn't buy the other two decks (Nautical and Carnival) when they were released, but purchased them along with the Astral in the Astral Kickstarter. I'm waiting for them all to arrive.

I may have done a reading with the original 78 Tarot, but I honestly don't remember.

Rodney
Top   #2
whiterabbit2's Avatar
whiterabbit2  whiterabbit2 is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 02 May 2017
Location: California, US
Posts: 52
whiterabbit2 
Resident

whiterabbit2's Avatar

I've had all 3, traded the 1st one. Now have the Nautilus and Carnival. Mixed feelings about collaborative decks in general and these in particular. As is the case, there are some cards I absolutely love and think are brilliant, while other cards leave me flat or full of dislike (like big-headed, bug-eyes doll figures for example - totally not my taste!). I find I don't use the decks for readings at all because of the "bad" cards (and there are a number for me - though this is purely personal). I bought the last one, Carnival, because I love the theme and again, there are some cards that are really fantastic, but it too sits on my collection shelf, gathering dust.

There are some collaborative decks that may be easier to read with because they're more consistent in flavor and look (like Artists' Inner Vision Tarot), but these aren't. If you're looking for good reading decks, I don't recommend them; if you're looking to just add to your collection as something different, than by all means, go for it...they're interesting.
Top   #3
garmonbozia's Avatar
garmonbozia  garmonbozia is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 20 Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 823
garmonbozia 
Citizen

garmonbozia's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterabbit2 View Post
Mixed feelings about collaborative decks in general and these in particular. As is the case, there are some cards I absolutely love and think are brilliant, while other cards leave me flat or full of dislike (like big-headed, bug-eyes doll figures for example - totally not my taste!). I find I don't use the decks for readings at all because of the "bad" cards (and there are a number for me - though this is purely personal). I bought the last one, Carnival, because I love the theme.
Ditto. All the big-headed girl and big-headed cat cards with the big buggy eyes ruin the entire deck for me. I bought the Carnival deck and was immediately disappointed and will never use it. Some cards don't mesh with the rest of the deck at all....and not just character-wise. Sometimes it is the background/setting, which translates into theme.

I've decided that collaborative decks are really not for me. I've yet to buy one that was cohesive enough for practical use. Some of the artists seem more concerned with exerting their own personal style on their assigned card rather than creating something that works for the deck as a whole.

As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be much collaboration in collaborative decks!
Top   #4
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Citizen

BeyondtheVeil's Avatar

Aww.. I'm sorry to hear that you guys aren't really loving your 78 Tarot decks. I thought I wanted the 78 Tarot Carnival but there are some cards that are disturbing to me. I don't like the 10 of Swords showing a little child. That is tacky and not something I want to see in my tarot decks. I don't consider that "art" either. :yuck:

I do still like the 78 Tarot Nautical or Tarot of Water from what little of the cards that I have seen. I hope that once I get it in my hands that I will love it.

I know that people have different tastes and likes, so hopefully the one I bought I will actually like a lot. Fingers crossed!


Thanks for responding and sharing your experiences!


Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #5
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Citizen

BeyondtheVeil's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
Ditto. All the big-headed girl and big-headed cat cards with the big buggy eyes ruin the entire deck for me. I bought the Carnival deck and was immediately disappointed and will never use it. Some cards don't mesh with the rest of the deck at all....and not just character-wise. Sometimes it is the background/setting, which translates into theme.

I've decided that collaborative decks are really not for me. I've yet to buy one that was cohesive enough for practical use. Some of the artists seem more concerned with exerting their own personal style on their assigned card rather than creating something that works for the deck as a whole.

As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be much collaboration in collaborative decks!
That is what I was thinking when I started looking at the Tarot Carnival. It has like Christmas/torture/etc going on. I love the Strength card, but some of the cards that I saw are just...no. Definitely not a collaboration deck as it looks like some artists completely ignored the theme. It looks like the collaborator would have told them no and made them redo it to go with the style of the rest of the deck. They could do that using their own artistic ability but still 'blend" better. I am going to definitely skip the 78 Tarot Carnival deck as it actually upsets me to look at some of the cards.

I HOPE that isn't true for the one I bought or I will be so sad.

Thanks for responding and sharing your experience!

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #6
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Citizen

BeyondtheVeil's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterabbit2 View Post
I've had all 3, traded the 1st one. Now have the Nautilus and Carnival. Mixed feelings about collaborative decks in general and these in particular. As is the case, there are some cards I absolutely love and think are brilliant, while other cards leave me flat or full of dislike (like big-headed, bug-eyes doll figures for example - totally not my taste!). I find I don't use the decks for readings at all because of the "bad" cards (and there are a number for me - though this is purely personal). I bought the last one, Carnival, because I love the theme and again, there are some cards that are really fantastic, but it too sits on my collection shelf, gathering dust.

There are some collaborative decks that may be easier to read with because they're more consistent in flavor and look (like Artists' Inner Vision Tarot), but these aren't. If you're looking for good reading decks, I don't recommend them; if you're looking to just add to your collection as something different, than by all means, go for it...they're interesting.
I had already purchased the 78 Tarot Nautical before I started this thread, so it is on the way. I am so glad that I didn't order the 78 Tarot Carnival deck also because I am seeing cards that truly upset me. One being the 10 of Swords showing a little child. Weird and I don't want that kind of vibe in my decks let alone my house.

Unfortunately, the Artists' Inner Vision Tarot just doesn't have any draw to me. I know everyone is different, but I hope 78 Tarot Nautical will be the collaborative deck for me. Maybe the only one? lol

Thanks for sharing!


Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #7
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Citizen

BeyondtheVeil's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
I have the original 78 bought through the Kickstarter campaign. My biggest complaint about that deck was that the nicely embroidered bag for the deck was the same size as the deck, and therefore too small for the deck.

I didn't buy the other two decks (Nautical and Carnival) when they were released, but purchased them along with the Astral in the Astral Kickstarter. I'm waiting for them all to arrive.

I may have done a reading with the original 78 Tarot, but I honestly don't remember.

Rodney
Hi Rodney!

I'm glad that is your only complaint. I was starting to think that I was the only one who was liking the 78 Tarot Nautical deck.

I was initially wanting the 78 Tarot Carnival deck also. I'm glad that I waited to see more cards. I couldn't really see {click on} the link to the cards on Etsy, so yay for youtube! lol I am trying not to look on YouTube for the Nautical deck as I want to be surprised since I already purchased it anyway.

Let me know what you think about the decks when they arrive! I was looking at the Astral kickstarted also, but I think I want to see what I think of the Nautical deck first.


Thanks again for sharing!
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #8
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Citizen

BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
My 78 Tarot Nautical Arrived!


Yay! My 78 Tarot Nautical {Tarot of Water} arrived yesterday! I have had time to look through the cards and I really do like them. They are oversized and remind me of the DruidCraft Tarot, but it was listed as 'oversized cards" in the description.

I do really like most of the cards. There are 3 extra cards that come with it. Meditation, Curiosity, and Whimsy. I think you could use them or not. They are adorable though.

I do believe that "I" can read with this deck and will be giving it a try in the next day or two. I did look over the 78 Tarot Carnival and I just don't think with so many cards that I don't like or that are 'upsetting" that I could read with that deck.

Luckily, the 78 Tarot Nautical deck is beautiful! I am really enjoying all of the cards. I wasn't sure about The Tower card in this deck. I do NOT like any decks that show children suffering, etc and won't buy those decks. So, I did take time to read the description and meaning of the Tower in this deck and it seemed okay and made sense. Time will tell if I will replace that card with my own.


Overall, I am LOVING the 78 Tarot Nautical Deck {Tarot of Water} . It is truly a wonderful, fun deck! This is my first collaborative deck and I hope to see more like this one!


Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #9
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory's Avatar

I have them all. (And I didn't have the bag problem Rodney did !) (Wait, maybe I didn't buy a bag - was it an add-on ?)

ANYWAY - I love them - but I am a fan of collaborative decks in general. Carnival is lovely, I have to say. I struck it lucky with that - my order vanished (as in slid off their list) and when I realised I hadn't got it, I emailed and they were SO sorry that they sent me the rather stunning book as well, which I hadn't paid for.

I think the 10 Swords is rather good. It isn't supposed to be a nice card, after all.
Top   #10


 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.