Mini Decks...?

MareSaturni

Glorimbex said:
Ah...I have Tiny....which is a little small. I'll have to try the Pocket. Thanks.

John.

No problem :)
I'd find the tiny VERY hard to read with! But I still want it just because it's cute, and the RWS is one of my favorite decks ever!

I do recommend the pocket edition, it has a good size, good colors and a decent cardstock! If you like the Universal RWS, you'll love this one! It's my real to-go deck!

Glitterbird

My really like the Pocket universal also it measures 2 1/4" x 3 1/2". I also have a Mini Secret tarot, Its smaller and more conventient It also has more..atmosphere or something about it.

greatdane

I second Glitterbird's choices!

I LOVE the pocket universal waite. GREAT size, small enough to carry around, but large enough I don't have to squint at images. Mini Secret Tarot is great as well. Both these decks are very easy to shuffle.

Silver Crow

I think I have the thicker matte version as describe above. I picked it up at a flea market.

Debra

I have the pocket Universal tarot and White Cats tarot, both by Lo Scarabeo and both very cool :)

And the supersmall TaRat, too small to see clearly, printed on a sheet with black background which I don't much like. I haven't cut them apart yet. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarat/

eta: Here's a pic from her etsy shop.

Attachments

• il_430xN.151468069.jpg
    il_430xN.151468069.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 95

Le Fanu

I don't *do* mini decks. Only - at a push - pocket decks. The pocket Thoth is the perfect size. I have one in a wonderful old battered but compact (and very protective) leather case. I love it dearly.

That's the smallest I go. I find one might as well take a normal sized deck; what you gain in ease of transport with a mini, you lose in shufflability and readability and sheer comfort, but that's just me.

The pocket (or is it mini?) Camoin-Jodorowsky Marseilles is quite nice but - again - too small for me.

canid

Le Fanu said:
I don't *do* mini decks. Only - at a push - pocket decks. The pocket Thoth is the perfect size. I have one in a wonderful old battered but compact (and very protective) leather case. I love it dearly.

I'm confused. WHAT is the difference between a mini & a pocket sized deck? The Tarot of the New Vision I referred to is 3 1/8" x 1 3/4" (79.375mm x 44.449mm-I think).

gregory

That's an LS mini. :D

My pocket Waite (it says on the box !) is 3.5 inches by 2.25.