Mini Decks...?

nisaba

Jesii said:
I'm off to Uni anyway, so I won't need as much. Just thinking a smaller deck would be less obviously 'taroty' in public?
:bugeyed: If it's in your bag, nobody sees it but you. If it's out of your bag it do0esn't matter what size a deck is, I don't know of too many Tarot decks you can mistake for playing cards.

teomat

HerzogIsGod said:
is the mini grimaud oop? i'm picking up a used one tomorrow -it's missing one card- when i did a search online, nothing comes up... i'd like to buy a new one
I got one from Amazon France. Not sure how convenient that is for you...?

daphne

nisaba said:
The Nova?

Yeah, I did not know about this one.
I searched a little and I saw minors are illustrated, all images quite simplistic.

nortytiger

I have a little Sharman-Casselli deck, the cards are approx 3.3"x2". It is a perfect size for popping into a handbag and the cards are very readable with clear images.

I am not sure if you can buy the deck on its own but I got mine in a box set called "The Tarot Box" by New Age and it comes with a mini book. the deck doesn't come in its own individual box so you would need to put them in a bag for carrying around.

can't post a link for some reason but it is on amazon at just over £11 and they come up a lot on ebay, there is one up for auction at the moment at £4.00 with £3 p&p I will PM you the item no.

canid

Le Fanu said:
By my criteria there are those silly miniature doll's house ones which are just pointless. The key ring-type ones.

Then there are the mini ones which you shuffle with slightly cupped hands. Like LoS minis, Grimaud Marseilles, Mini Connolly etc

Then there are the pocket ones; Universal Waite, the smallest Thoth. These are the ones which are generally comfortable for most people. About the size of a travelling soap tin.

But that's just how I think of them. :D

Thanks for clearing that up. So my 'regular', or large, Hanson-Roberts is a pocket size? The 'mini' HR is a big larger than my LS Mini New Vision. I don't have any of those postage stamp size decks. I do, however, have a mini Ouija board! Has a little drawer for the planchette...it's so cute.

214red

I have the card sized RWS and the mini RWS and they come out with me sometimes

Morwenna

Jesii said:
Wow, loads of choice there. I was considering carrying a 'pocket' deck, but mine is a really small handbag, so I'm after a 'mini' but Le Fanu's comments on shuffleability is making me wonder... :)

I find that my minis shuffle just fine. You just hold your fingers closer together. :) If you keep your other hand cupped they won't fly anywhere.

WyrdRaven

I carry around the pocket Rider-Waite, which is a good size for readings. I also have the mini-Albano, but it is too small to be practical, at least if you are reading for someone else. Better suited for cat or ferret paws!