Tyldwick Tarot

VGimlet

Yay, finally finagled my finances so I could order this deck. :p (Weddings, vet bills, dog shows, blah blah blah....lol)

I pre-ordered too, but I think my pre-order info got lost in the maw of the interwebs. I love it when a deck I've been following for awhile makes it to a published state. I have been more particular about the decks I buy lately - I am passing by some decks I would have purchased a few years ago. What made the Tyldwick a must buy for me was that it seems like a deck that will spark my intuition, and get me away from my ruts. I like that in a deck. Plus it's pretty. :D

I don't really care what number I get.

avalonian

I picked mine up from the post office this morning, and wow, what an incredible deck. It shuffles like a dream, lovely cardstock, and no sticking together of cards due to the gilding.

I have only had chance to have a quick look through but it really is beautiful. One of the things that really impressed me was how it is possible to tell the court cards apart, particularly the Kings and Queens, there is a definite feel of the Kings being masculine and the Queens feminine, I don't know how he's managed to do that, it is really subtle and extremely clever.

The fact that there isn't a LWB is probably a bonus for me as I am far too reliant on books and it will be very good for me to have to rely on myself and my intuition (it must be there somewherre!).

I was resisting this deck but was "encouraged" by a friend and the review by Marcus Katz and I don't regret buying this deck for an instant. Worth every penny.

:) :) :)

BodhiSeed

I think I'm going to start a study group on the Tyldwick (beginning with the major arcana) if Sulis okays it. I'm hoping we can point out details as a group that might be missed by an individual.

ETA: Just started a study thread on the Fool. :)

ZKEI

Could anyone please let me know whether there is any cover card included in this deck?

I'm wondering how the deck number is shown on the deck.
Do we have to ask for an electronic copy of the certificate in order to know which deck number we have?

Thank you.

BodhiSeed

Could anyone please let me know whether there is any cover card included in this deck?

I'm wondering how the deck number is shown on the deck.
Do we have to ask for an electronic copy of the certificate in order to know which deck number we have?

Thank you.
I didn't have a title/cover card with my deck. I believe the payment note that came with the deck had it on there.

ZKEI

I didn't have a title/cover card with my deck. I believe the payment note that came with the deck had it on there.

Thank you very much.
Umm.. in that case I guess the electronic copy would be a nicer one.

:)

Moona

We get a link with the invoice to a website where we can download the certificate. Personal username and password to get there are given on the invoice too.

Aerin

We get a link with the invoice to a website where we can download the certificate. Personal username and password to get there are given on the invoice too.

*feels really stupid*

I missed that entirely :D

I have deck 42 which I asked for.

Le Fanu

Mine has arrived. Deck number 7 - isn't that the most enviable number?

No need to add up totals - 52, 34, 124 - in an attempt to reach 7 :D. No, it is seven...

I need to spend time with it. What an odd effect it has on me. As if it needs silence, for the dust to settle. Like holding a vigil in a haunted house, having to establish silence before you can hear the creaks and murmurs and groans.

I feel that if I talk about it, rave about it, try to describe it, some spell is broken.

Juliana

*feels really stupid*

I missed that entirely :D

I have deck 42 which I asked for.

What a great choice for a deck number! I wish I would have thought of that! Love it!