Ring Cycle Tarot - Wagner's Ring, Arthur Rackham, everything-I-Love Tarot due for rel

Le Fanu

mmm.... yes, not ideal. I mean, they would look so much better without. Borders are bad enough but with two-toned borders you can't help but notice.

I was also intrigued to see a few of the images which I hadn't yet seen. I see the suits are unconventional. I shall buy it because I love Rackham and Wagner and the chunky glossiness of Schiffer cards doesn't bother me as much as it bothers some.

I'm still very much looking forward to this deck, seeing what they do with the theme.

rylla

I pre-ordered it (amazon.com has the best prices among the amazons' website and shipping is CHEAP too). ....AND I am waiting for it with a scissors :)

rylla

I prepaid it, using an Amazon gift card I got at Christmas. I am not sure how it works then to cancel items!

It is VERY easy to cancel at amazon (as their website is one of the best user-friendly site). I just cancelled mine (as I've got greedy and wanted to add to the order the Sirian Starseed deck as well and shipping is cheaper if I order them together) You go to your orders and amazon gives you an option to cancel it. Done in 30 seconds!

gregory

Yes, but if you used a gift card....

Rakuten's has it cheaper than amazon...

rylla

Yes, but if you used a gift card....

Rakuten? What is Rakuten? [running to check it out]

ETA they don't ship to my Zip Code :-( :-( :-(

AJ

Yeah, the borders REALLY put me off...and love Rackham's art so much...

MG are you seeing two separate borders in the Schiffer link? The blue is just website background, the beige/grey is the only border. For those of you immersed in the Ring, do you think there is a reason for the top/bottom border treatment?

These look like long and thin cards, I quite like them. I hope the deck isn't doomed by poor choice cardstock.

Lutestring

i hadn't heard of rakuten's...i just went to look, and they don't post to australia :(
but anything priced in US$ is expensive for me, as the aussie dollar keeps falling against the US$.

i would love to get this deck, even with the two tone borders, because i love arthur rackham's pictures. i have the rackham playing card deck.

delizt

I don't think the borders will be a "deal breaker" for me, I'm ready with scissors, lol

I just think the art is so stunning, there's no need for "frills"

But I am interested in how the book/theme will play out...it's sitting in my "cart" at Amazon

Madrigal

I clicked on the link to prosperoart only to find I've already got a couple of their playing card decks that someone gave us as a gift--the Shakespeare set and the Biblical set. They're nicely done. The Rackham set is quite gorgeous! And I like the backs of the Austen deck.