Minoan Tarot by Ellen Lorenzi-Prince

MoonGypsy

i am sooooooo thrilled! i just got my shipping notification/tracking number!

My Minoan will be in my hands before this week is out! What great, great news!

i am sure this wonderful package will make the long wait more than worth while.

So no longer in "Pre-Order" mode...they have them in stock!

http://www.darkgoddesstarot.com/minoan.htm

rwcarter

I didn't get a shipping notice yet. :( But I didn't place my order that early and it makes sense that they would ship them in the order placed.

MoonGypsy

I didn't get a shipping notice yet. :( But I didn't place my order that early and it makes sense that they would ship them in the order placed.

i placed mine in early October...:)

HighPriestess

I just received a shipping notice! (I ordered in January.) So if you haven't received yours yet they're probably shipping out now.

rwcarter

I just received a shipping notice! (I ordered in January.) So if you haven't received yours yet they're probably shipping out now.
It literally just popped into my mailbox 2 minutes ago! :party:

Rodney

MoonGypsy

It literally just popped into my mailbox 2 minutes ago! :party:

Rodney

My package literally popped into my hands a few minutes ago!!!

i am so happy! i can't wait to dive in!

rwcarter

My package literally popped into my hands a few minutes ago!!!

i am so happy! i can't wait to dive in!
WOOHOO!!!!! I'm sure you will anyway, but report back on your initial thoughts on the deck.

Rodney

Dark Victory '39

but report back on your initial thoughts on the deck.

Rodney

Oh, do! Anyone who has gotten this, please do report what you think. It's not in the budget for me this month but depending on what gets said here, will keep it in mind for later in the spring.

rwcarter

I was sure MoonGypsy would've been back by now with a report. That she hasn't tells me that she's still in a stupor from the gloriousness of the deck. Once she's regained her senses, she'll be back with a report, I'm sure. :D

rwcarter

I was sure MoonGypsy would've been back by now with a report. That she hasn't tells me that she's still in a stupor from the gloriousness of the deck. Once she's regained her senses, she'll be back with a report, I'm sure. :D
Since MoonGypsy seems to still be luxuriating in her deck, mine arrived today so I'll describe what I have and my reactions.

I got a XI Balance magnet, a III Goddess locket and a VII Chariot postcard. I have to think about what that might mean as a reading.

The cards themselves seem to be the exact same cardstock and size as the Dark Goddess (also published by ArnellArt).

All my comments about the cards themselves should be prefaced with the statement - "I don't know diddly about Minoan culture."

• The backs are NOT reversible for those who care. We have a double-headed yellow and orange axe on a red background
  • The only Majors with "standard" (or close) names are:
    • Priestess
    • Lovers
    • Chariot
    • Strength (numbered 8 for those who might care)
    • Wheel of Life
    • Hanging Woman (who is upright on a swing, but is headless)
    • Star
    • Moon
    • Sun
    • World Tree
  • The Minor Suits are Earth, Sea, Sky and Art
  • Animals adorn the Minors Ace - Ten of the first three suits, but a person adorns those same cards in the Art suit. (That's explained in the not so LWB.)
  • Courts are Worker, Priestess, Master, Mistress
  • There are lots of boobs in the deck (the open sexuality of the Minoans is discussed in the nsLWB), some with nipples and most without
  • There are a few penises in the deck
  • There was a dark smudge on my Sea Three card between the two dolphins, but I was able to wipe it off with my finger. (There's nothing on the back of Sea Two.)
  • My nsLWB is cut strangely. The book itself is rectangular, but the pages within were cut crooked such that I do miss part of a letter on a number of pages within the book.
  • Rachel Pollack wrote the forward to the nsLWB
  • There are color copies of the cards in the nsLWB
  • There aren't any reversed interpretations in the nsLWB
  • There are two sample 3 card readings in the nsLWB
The deck will be something of a struggle for me to use without study as animal images don't really speak to me (unlike the Dark Goddess). So I'll have to rely on the nsLWB and/or research into animal imagery to understand what the animal brings to a particular card. I am glad that I have the deck though as I am interested in learning more about Minoan culture (which is why I bought the deck in the first place - well that and it's by Ellen, who is one of the sweetest people in the whole wide world!).

Rodney