Impressionist Tarot Lo Scarabeo

karma1

impressionist tarot

Thank You Le Fanu ! :)

Le Fanu

Looking forward to your impressions ;) ...
Well I received the deck today. I was quite surprised by how attractive and rich in atmosphere and readability it is. My first reaction was to flick through all the cards very quickly because my main reservation was a fear of seeing too many famous, iconic images balancing a pentacle on their heads or something (at a slightly off angle) and not being able to take it seriously. But there are only about 4 overly familiar images - the bar at the Folies Bergere for Temperence, Le Déjuner sur L'herbe for the Sun and Van Gogh with a crown on for The Emperor. Oh and a weirdly slimmed down Olympia by Manet. The rest are images which haven't been done to death so it does have a freshness to it which I feared might lack.

I quite like it. I think I'll be able to read well with it. It does have a moodiness and dreaminess which will work on the reading table. I don't think it would ever become a main reading deck but overall I do like it. The whole gilt framing thing and "back of a grubby canvas" card backs are a little gimmicky, but for dinner parties or summer picnics, I think this would work well among friends. I reckon it will be a big success for LoS because Impressionism has a very easy appeal. Like mouspads and jigsaws sold in museum shops.

But my fears have been allayed - it isn't all reappropriated overdone Renoirs. It shouldn't be compared to the Art of Life Tarot - it has much more originality and there's a more substantial tarot knowledge behind the choice of imagery.

Rhinemaiden

Thank you, Le Fanu, for your review... this deck now moves to my "think about it" list. :thumbsup:

Cocobird55

Thanks, Le Fanu. I'm looking forward to it, and your review reassured me.

Cocobird55

I had pre-ordered with Amazon a long time ago. Today they sent me an email letting me know they had canceled the order because they couldn't get the deck. I ordered from Book Depository, and they said it will ship in 18 days.

mydearruby

I received the deck+book set today. While I am very satisfied with the substantially written and beautifully printed book, the deck itself is the major bummer. I mean the cardstock---it is flimsy, warped, color-off, way below the bar of LS standard. Did I just receive a botched batch or is this the case for everyone?

ETA: perhaps the standalone deck would be different from that in a set?

Cocobird55

Got mine today. It fumes a little,so I'm going to have to air it out before I work with it. Very nice package.

Quester

I really like this deck! The book looks to be very informative too.

Parzival

Impressionist Tarot

Alida store has this deck in stock and there are a few more images up.

I'm not sure about this one. Or rather, I am sure that it doesn't appeal to me as a reading deck but that I shall get it as a collector's art deck to peruse the images....QUOTE]

The story of my collection!

Cocobird55

Mine finally lost the chemical smell.

I like it very much. Impressionism is my favorite style of art, so it was a pleasure looking through all the cards.

The book is good too. I got some different insight on cards that I though I knew well.