the Orbifold Tarot

sairystar

The Orbifold Tarot is a new Tarot deck created by Michael Bridge Dickson in 2015. It is a colorful deck that incorporates circles as its main theme. It is a deck based on sacred geometry and the essence of tarot symbolism.

The Happy Squirrel

I saw some pics of it and it is definitely on my wish list!

SuziDreams

I've put an order in for it, hope it manages to go through as it's still in the raising funds stage. It just seems to be such an easy deck to work with even though it looks so basic, as long as you have some knowledge of card meanings.

Maveriker

21 days left to pre-order this deck!

Thanks to those who have already ordered, the wait will soon be over!

In the meantime, keep the discussions alive, there are so many things to explore with this deck, and I'm more than happy to share it all!

AnjouTwo

I pledged for this and am generally excited about it. I am a bit worried that it might be too cerebral and difficult to read with (for me) but time will tell.

I did notice that the funding goal was reduced by 50% (from US$30,000 to $15,000) which seems far more reachable.

SuziDreams

That's interesting you say that about it maybe being too cerebral to read with because part of the attraction to me is that it seems it will be very clear, though again time will tell.

Maveriker, I'm feeling very excited for it, hope it all goes well for you.

Maveriker

Thanks, both of you!

I actually didn't change the goal (it's not possible through igg once the campaign has started) so I'm not sure how/where you saw that… but yes, the current goal is more reasonable!

I think it's a great deck because it can reach people on many levels, from the very basic to very cerebral… many readers I think will have an initial stall, getting used to the lack of scenes, but it does open up fairly quickly, and it broadens the possibilities beyond traditional interpretations.

Although I've put a fair bit of info out about how I view the system, and there will be a LWB included, I invite readers to find their own way with it — what do 6's mean to YOU? What does Water mean to YOU? And then go from there…

A couple of my friends who are not seasoned tarot readers, but follow the logic have been giving great interpretations whenever they play with my deck, but of course every reader is different, and as you say you never really know until it's in-hand :)

I hope it exceeds your expectations :D

I'm excited to see how you wind up working with it!

Maveriker

Oh yes, and be sure to peruse the study groups, as I've posted several study threads there, and will be adding more in the coming days… Feel free not only to join those discussions, but also create new threads or ask me questions privately and I'll do my best to answer and explore them.

I really want the Orbifold to not only be successful in sales, but something that people USE and turn to regularly :)

sairystar

it is a really nice deck! it is a deck that follows the Marseille system though with a new aesthetic touch. Its simplicity makes it easy for anyone to connect with it and has a stronger elemental connection than the TdM with its more abstract symbology of objects.