Determined to switch over to Swiss 1JJ Tarot deck from Rider-Waite, but..

mrpants

agviz, right?? I've moaned about on line pricing elsewhere. It absolutely drives me bonkers.

agviz

agviz, right?? I've moaned about on line pricing elsewhere. It absolutely drives me bonkers.

It's kooky. I don't understand it. But I'm happy to get my inexpensive copy thanks to your lead.

nisaba

Reviewing the 1JJ deck, the suits are so basic in their imagery, there are no stories within the cards with people or settings or tokens. There are only the number of items within the suit, and details such as greenery or symmetry. I am so accustomed to reading my current (and only) deck especially based off the imagery in them, how do those who read the 1JJ (or any marseilles variant) read them themselves? Any tips appreciated, i am determined to switch my primary deck over, and i need to be able to see a little bit more as to how.
What I did when I fell in love with the Vetrate, was this. I was *determined* to be able to read with it. So I came up with a code: a single word for each of the suits, and a single word for each of the numbers, I put those two words together for the cards in front of me, and that gave me the basis of a meaning for each card that I didn't have to memorise. I then let my mind, and its process of association, stream out from there. :)

Thoughtful

What's the name of his book? Is it still in print?

Hi agviz the book title is 'Tarot cards for fun and fortune telling' it has 95 pages. Plenty going on Ebay USA at very moderate prices.