Psycho Tarot- Marianne Leconte

firemaiden

Hi my wonderful friends and colleagues:
I was looking for something more grandiose chez les bouquinistes au long de la Seine as per your suggestions; but I found this for 5 euro: an unassuming little paperback from éditions Marabout 1991,

Psycho Tarot: Une méthode originale d'introspection et de transformation, un révélateur psychologique.

The blurb on the author says she is a writer and tarologue, who has experimented for fifteen yesrs with the therapeutic virtues of the tarot...

Is this one known to you?

Rusty Neon

Hi firemaiden ... Did your copy of this book come with a free colourized major arcana from the normally black-and-white Hurley 'New Tarot'? Two of the three times I've seen it in the used bookstores, it has.

firemaiden

Hi Rusty Neon, négatif...
no, it didn't.
So you have seen it then... but not read it?
It did come with a post card that said Happy Birthday, and advertised someone's reading service on the other side...

Rusty Neon

Hi firemaiden ... I haven't purchased or read the book yet. It keeps tempting me, though, especially if it includes the colourized major arcana deck. It uses the 78 cards of the Hurley 'New Tarot' as its main reading deck and approaches the cards through a Gestalt ('what do you see in the cards?') approach. It may give me new insights into performing tarot readings.

firemaiden

I don't think that's correct, Rusty Neon, not this one, there is no Hurley deck anywhere to be seen, just the Marseilles and the Rider Waite... There must be another book with a similar title?

Rusty Neon

Hi firemaiden ... Yes, you're right. I'm not scoring very well today. :) There's a similarly titled book by Dr Denise Roussel in French where the deck used in the book is in fact the Hurley 'New Tarot'.

I just read Roussel's name off her repackaged Hurley 'New Tarot' deck which she has rebaptisé as Le Psycho-Tarot.

Rusty Neon

To further confuse the mix, there's one book I have that's called "Le Tarot psychologique à travers les 22 arcanes/miroirs" penned by Jacqueline Macou.

Macou's approach to tarot for self-discovery is quite unique. She asks you to pull whichever major arcana card of the Grimaud TdM you feel drawn to, and then to pick which feature of the card you're drawn to. That feature will explain something about you. For example, if you pick the Chariot and then choose the blue horse, her write-up on the blue horse tells you what that means about your personality.