astrology study group ~ leo

isthmus nekoi

Minderwiz,
Thanks for the new thread - now we don't have to split em ;)
Perhaps I brought out the Saturn in my father - Jupiter too!! Over time, I have slowly eroded away at his Saturnian qualities and encouraged the Jupiterian ones ha ha!

Tallarino, welcome to the group ^_^
Actually, you only have 2 planets in Leo, the ASC/north nodes aren't actual bodies but abstract degrees.

You're a double Leo w/both sun and ASC (sun, ASC and moon are generally the 1st 3 things you look at to determine personality)! This means that your outlook on life and the way you present yourself to the world are totally in sync w/each other. You may even look the part of a Leo - clothes that want to be seen or perhaps big hair lol. Leo cusping 2nd, sun in 1st indicates that you will gather resources when in a position of leadership, or a frontman (or woman) of an organization - basically, a position where you can really shine. Uran in 2nd will shake things up there if they get too boring, and if other factors in your chart agree, there may be some financial instability from time to time.

Purplefishy,
Your sun is accidently dignified in the 5th house which means sun feels very welcome in 5th. w/Merc there too, your creative side could shine in modes of communication like writing, or speech. Since Leo is cusping your MC, you may find that your vocation lies w/your creative abilities as well. Did you not have a water grand trine as well? That could indicate a special talent.
Also, if you are using astro.com, then your true node is actually your north node....

This is funny, I have north node in Leo as well. I've never really looked into that though, b/c what I've read has been too superficial.

Minderwiz

Fifth House

The fifth House is the Joy of Venus - it traditionally rules love affairs and romanace. It also symbolises pregnancy and fertility and hence children. Because children are not delivered by the stork or found under gooseberry bushes, it is also the house of sex (not the eighth which is the house of death). If there is more than one child, then the fifth can be taken to represent either all of them collectively or the eldest one singularly. If you are interested in the next eldest then her or she is in the seventh house - the third (sibling) from the fifth, the third child is in the ninth (third from the seventh) and so on.

The joy of Venus spreads beyond children and fertility to enjoyment, clothes and pleasure and it is from this basis that the modern derivation comes of treating it as the house of relaxation, hobbies and sport and gambling.

The Fifth house, as second from the fourth, represents the wealth and possessions of the father - so it might be a significator of what we might inherit (though inheritance itself is ruled by the eighth).

It is also worth pointing out that in traditional Astrology the first House was ruled by the first planet (Saturn, not the Sun), the second by the second planet (Jupiter) and so on. This gives Venus also rulership of the fifth by natural order. As there were only seven planets in traditional Astrology, the rulerships start again with Saturn for the Eighth, Jupiter ninth, Mars tenth, etc.

My fifth is ruled by Jupiter (Sagittarius on the cusp) and Jupiter is in the fourth House (of Father and home) My pleasures are therefore more likely to be carried out at home rather than elsewhere - watcing TV, reading, visiting Aeclectic, etc. There is a very close semi-sextile with the Sun, suggesting that in this context personal creativity comes into how I relax and an inconjunct to my Part of Fortune, suggesting that my pot definitely will not 'runneth over' without some real adjustments on my part. LOL

Tallarico

isthmus nekoi

Hello,

Hmm about what you wrote...yes i do look like a Leo. However, with my moon in Aries (house 9), mercury in Cancer (house 12), venus in Gemini(11 th)and mars in Virgo (3rd), I often don't feel like a Leo. I more feel like a combination of Leo/Cancer really. I have all the good traits of a Leo and none of the bad. Big LOL! Really, I prefer to stay in the backround, (quite shy until I know someone) am quite generous, but don't care for children. Just a few of the common Leo characteristics about which I have read.
August 1, 1961 5:11 am.
HOWEVER, I am very PROUD to be a LEO!!(in the first house)
Karen
I will continue to learn here...

Major Tom

Did Somebody Say Leo?

I've got 5 planets in Leo in the 4th house of my chart: Jupiter, Pluto, Venus, Mars and the Sun. :eek: My ascendent is Taurus and my Moon is Scorpio.

I'm also quite proud to be a Leo. :D

Oddly enough, my girlfriend's Sun is Aries with a Scorpio ascendent and Taurus Moon.

lunalafey

Re: Did Somebody Say Leo?

Major Tom said:

I'm also quite proud to be a Leo. :D

Oddly enough, my girlfriend's Sun is Aries with a Scorpio ascendent and Taurus Moon.

what else could a 5x Leo be BUT proud....
Oddly? hehe, looks pretty evenly matched to me..:D

The closest thing to a Leo for me is my daughter. She IS a drama queen and her preformance skills are truely natural. She's been singing on key before she could talk. She has a grand trine w/opposition(kite) in the fire signs, Leo/Sun; Sag/Plu(rx); Ari/Sat; opp being Aqu/Ura.
I have not really dove into her chart, she's only soon to be 7, but I probably should.

isthmus nekoi

Re: isthmus nekoi

Tallarino, moon in Aries is a very harmonious combo w/double Leo sun/ASC as they are both fire :)

Wow, Major Tom, you're like my father! He's got a Taurus ASC too. It's a nice ASC to have w/a Leo stellium b/c it keeps that ego grounded lol.

lunalafey, that is a very *powerful* combo of planets for your daughter!!

Tallarico

you better not mess with Major Tom!

LOL...(david bowie song) To me, A Leo sun and Scorpio moon seems pretty powerful!

Tallarico

a loaded question

which is most important...

the sign that the planet is in?
the house that the planet is in?
the sign & planet in the house OR
the aspects...

this really could get very confusing!
Thanks, Karen

isthmus nekoi

Ooooo, tough question. If you are not concentrating on predictions, then I would say generally inner planets (Sun - Saturn) are the most important: their aspects and their signs. You can still give a pretty good psychological portrait w/o the houses. I've done this for ppl when they were unsure of their birthtime.

I wouldn't want to have the last word on this, what do others think from their experience?

Minderwiz

Ermmmm

There are several ways of looking at this.

One is that the planets are the actors, the signs are the roles and the houses are the theatres.

Another is that the planet's dignity shows its power to act

Its reception shows its inclination to act

Its aspects show the occasions to act

Reception simply relates to the rulership of the sign that a planet is in. So if Mercury is in Leo it is recieved by the Sun. Mercury is therefore inclined to act in favour of whatever the Sun represents.

So no dignity - no power to act

no aspect no occasion to act

and if the reception is with the 'wrong' planet then there is no inclination to act - for example in a horary if Venus represents the girl and Jupiter represents the man who wants to woo her, if Venus is in Aries then he has little chance - she is in love with whoever is signified by Mars