astrology study group ~ leo

punkangelgcm437

Yay I get to talk about myself..

No planets in Leo here. And 8th House is Leo for me. Sex, death, rebirth, & other people's money. So what's that all mean?? I'm firey, active, & loyal when it comes to these things??

Now as for that personality test, I'm not sure fi the results really are me. Some of them, all the row described me. I didnt realize you can only click one per row until I saw it moving. LOL.

~Sarah~

isthmus nekoi

punkangel, yup, you're getting the hang of it! Check out what sort of aspects your sun makes as well as where it is to get a more specific portrait.

Moongold

I have Saturn and Pluto in Leo and the 8th House. This combination of placements is quite potent spiritually, psychologically and sexually and I am just beginning to understand it. I have a Capricorn Ascendant as well, which makes my chart heavily affected by Saturn influences. There are some quite critical aspects between these two planets and others in my natal chart and I won’t list them. I am just beginning to understand it all myself. One interesting pattern I’m looking at right now is a triangular pattern between Sun, Saturn and Uranus. The close proximity of Mercury to Sun and Pluto to Saturn make this pattern more interesting but I’m really just beginning to explore the meaning.

Back to Leo and the 8th House, Pluto is in its own House, so this gives me quite strong Scorpio influences as well. All my life I have been deeply attracted to Scorpios without understanding why, and now it is quite clear! Some years ago I was fortunate to find a Scorpio partner who is accepting and loving, and almost the perfect companion.

In retrospect my earlier life was a balance between the murky darkness of some of the influences in this chart (particularly this combination of placements) and a yearning for the spiritual. Now I can understand and live the spiritual if I choose that, which I do. Already some wonderful new vistas are opening up for me, even as I trudge through some of the rubble of the spiritual and material challenges of the last two years. These years brought me to tarot and astrology and this wonderful place, Aeclectic.

Saturn is also becoming a companion and friend, and I can now see all the fire in my chart as a way of shaping and illuminating the future.

By the way, in the other test about character type, I came up as a Melancholy Choleric ! :) !

Royal Cat

Me... still learning to read my chart...

I have Leo asc. and Leo in the 2nd house
5th house holds Sagittarius and (I think) Capricorn as well.
And, if I'm reading this right, Neptune and Venus are in my 5th house.

My sun sign is Scorpio and having Leo asc. makes for a rather "light vs. dark" or "Water vs. Fire" personality. I believe come across in social or business settings as "very Leo" - in control & in charge, engaging and self confident. I like for people to notice the things I do and am hurt if I don't get the attention I think I deserve (what a Leo!) Plus, I tend to have rather expensive tastes - although I am rarely able to induldge them. :| However, deep down, I'm really an intense and secretive scorpio who likes hide my "true self" from most everyone I meet. It takes a long time for me to trust someone - but, once they've earned my trust I'm *very* loyal.

Additionally, I have Gemini moon - combine that with Leo asc and you have someone who loves to talk at parties, but occasionally gets carried away and becomes way too sarcastic. :eek:

Cat

purplefishy

Your sun is accidently dignified in the 5th house which means sun feels very welcome in 5th. w/Merc there too, your creative side could shine in modes of communication like writing, or speech. Since Leo is cusping your MC, you may find that your vocation lies w/your creative abilities as well. Did you not have a water grand trine as well? That could indicate a special talent.

Yep, that's right. I have a grand trine in water. Sun in Pisces, Asc Scorpio, and Cancer Moon. I think my vocation may indeed have something (if not everything) to do with my creative abilities, but as of yet, I have no vocation, so i'll have to see how that works out. It is quite interesting to see!

isthmus nekoi

Moongold, I love having Pluto 'at home' in 8th... The dark lord ruling over his dark kingdom :)

RC, since your ASC is Leo, your sun is actually the 'ruler' of your chart, so yes, that would emphasize your Scorp placement. It might be helpful to note which house the sun is in too, and the aspects it makes. Also, are Neptune/Venus aspecting each other and both in Sag? This can be a *very* creative placement, esp since it's in the 5th house.

punkangel, I forgot this is your 1st post to a study group, I'm so used to seeing you post in the astro forum!! Sorry for being late but... WELCOME ^_^

Royal Cat

isthmus nekoi said:
RC, since your ASC is Leo, your sun is actually the 'ruler' of your chart, so yes, that would emphasize your Scorp placement. It might be helpful to note which house the sun is in too, and the aspects it makes. Also, are Neptune/Venus aspecting each other and both in Sag? This can be a *very* creative placement, esp since it's in the 5th house.

Hi Isthmus,
On my chart the Sun is in the 4th house with Libra and Scorpio - so family and father issues? I'm not sure how to interpret that. I have nearly always had a strained relationship with my parents. In considering which signs are there I think I could say that my childhood home lacked the balance, security, beauty and other things that would have made a Libra or Scorpio feel comfortable. Does that make sense?
I have Sun conj Merc - which supposedly makes me handle stress well but I would beg to differ on that point. ;) I believe Sun conj Merc is also supposed to point to a keen and quick mind. :D
You asked if Neptune & Venus are aspecting each other? Hmm... I'm really not sure! :confused: I'm still learning how to read the chart. But I can tell you that I have Neptune Trine Asc. (Leo) and Venus Quincunx Asc. If that makes any difference.

Cat

purplefishy

I have a more general question: I am a Pisces (very watery at that) and most of the Leos I know are either intolerable, or very water-like and easy to get along with (for me). Are Pisces and Leo generally incompatible (on a purely superficial level, of course)?

isthmus nekoi

Cat, Sun in 4th does not necessarily indicate troubles at home in and of itself, however, if your sun is heavily afflicted, (ie. hard aspects, esp w/Pluto/Saturn) then yes, this would be one conclusion I'd draw. Also, assuming Libra is cusping your 4th... if Venus is similarily afflicted in any way, either w/hard aspects this would indicate again, instability.
Also, if Venus and Neptune are close enough together, you may have a conj.
If you're having trouble understanding the astro.com chart, pls check out the 3rd post of this link: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?threadid=15205
If you're still having probs, let me know, I'll try to help you out.

purplefishy.... Hm.... well, Leo is fixed fire and Pisces is mutable water so in that way, the signs have trouble understanding each other. However, I think they could get on well b/c Leo can make all the decisions and shine while Pisces is generally adaptable and content to go w/the flow. Pisces are not particularly fond of being the center of attn. I don't have much Leo/Pisces energy in my chart though so I don't know them as well as some other signs....

Keslynn

I am VERY Leo *preens* but not as Leo as Major Tom I think. ;) My birthday was yesterday. Yay! Anyhow, I have Sun, Moon, Mercury and Jupiter in Leo. These are all part of my stellium in my 8th house (which is endcapped by Saturn in Virgo and Venus in Cancer). Minor sidenote: I have the clothing and decorating tastes of a drag queen, and have had problems confusing myself with royalty since I was a child. Back to your regularly scheduled post: basically, I feel that I focus all my ego, emotions, communication and power on transformation, and I do it in a brash Leo way. Things need to be on my terms, but I have to be absolutely motivated before I'll get off my lazy butt and dig in. A job/task has to make me feel engaged and challenged or I just feel like it's beneath my dignity. I also have the regrettable tendency to think that I'm entitled to give everyone advice. I know, I know, it's annoying and I'm working on it. But at the same time I'm hoping to harness it to become a teacher.

My lovely stellium aspects (sextiles) Mars in Gemini in my 7th(don't remember house for sure right now). Only adds to natural Leo chattiness. Run while you still can! I also think that this causes me to put a lot of emphasis on my intellectual abilities and word prowess. Insult a lot of things and I won't get mad; insult my intelligence and this lioness will roar.

*wanders off to take the test*

:) Kes