astrology study group ~ leo

isthmus nekoi

Your fixed nature does lend perserverance which is a bonus in the music industry. Plus the ability to work consistently and hard, that is another fixed sign bonus.

I'm assuming you're talking about being an artist in the music industry, but the advice applies to the entertainment industry in general.... I'll be frank and say your best astro feature mentioned so far is Pluto conj ASC. You have to be manipulative to "make it" in the entertainment industry - not in a bad, backstabbing way - but in an intelligent way. For those who are in the business side, those calling all the shots, every move they make is a strategic one, and not a movement wasted. These people are chessmasters except their pieces are profit, people and contracts. Guess who is the pawn unless they too, are smart and manipulative? Here's a great show to listen to if you're serious to help you get a feel for the industry: http://www.barelylegalradio.com

lonefrontranger

I'll jump on the bandwagon

I'm a sunsign Leo, and I've got a rather fixed, stubborn personality as well. I tend to be very shy in groups, can carry a conversation well with people I'm comfortable with, and am quite secretive and proud by nature. I think it's reflected in my chart, which shakes out thusly:

Sun, Mercury, Venus in Leo, 7th house
Moon, Neptune in Scorpio, 10th house
ASC Aquarius, 1deg

My planets are all in Leo, Aries, Cancer, Virgo and Scorpio, and all but the 2 in Scorpio are above the horizon. I don't know much about astrology other than that.

isthmus nekoi

Welcome to Astro, lonefrontranger.

You definetely have a strong concentration in fixed signs, 5/10 planets actually, plus the ASC. I tend to think of the fixed signs as following the principal of inertia - difficult to get started, but once started, difficult to stop! Some words associated w/the fixed signs are: stable, enduring, consistent, secure and at an extreme, rigid and yes, as you mentioned, stubborn. So perhaps these words can spark off more personal interpretation.

Although you have an Aquarian ASC, you have no planets in air - how does this work out for you? Air rules communication and abstraction so my knee jerk interpretation of lack of air was someone who found academics and language difficult... until I read a number of air-free charts that had advanced degrees and such! It seems there is a powerful need to encorporate air energy from the environment b/c it's not quite there in the chart.

lonefrontranger

interesting

Hard to say, really - I wouldn't so much say difficulty with academics as not fitting in well with any organized learning scheme.

I have a rather strange mind, at least most of my family and friends think so. I had/have no tolerance for classrooms and at 37 years of age, have never been past high school, which I barely graduated from. That being said, I am a secretary by trade, highly successful at my job and financially well off. My company is in the pharmaceutical research field, and I've worked for either the pharma research or aviation engineering industries for nearly twenty years. My current boss (an Aquarian) is steadfastly kind and loyal to me, and is by far the easiest / best manager I've ever worked for. Most of my family (all private college educated prep school types) love to rant about how I've been squandering my 'abilities'... despite that the most vocal of them (a Poli-Sci Ph.D.) is assistant manager at a coffeeshop and makes a third what I do... not that I'm gloating :p

According to my dad I was reading fluently (reading to him from story books, not the other way around) by the time I was 2 1/2. I'm also told it's unusual that I have vivid memories all the way back to early childhood, which freaks out my mom when I can relate intricate details to her of events / circumstances / persons I recall from when I was barely old enough to walk. About the only 'outward' Leo pursuits I engaged in were as a teenager and young adult; I was a model, a go-go dancer (fully clothed, thank you!) at the trendier nightclubs in my hometown, and sang on stage in local theatre groups (Dad, a musical genius, had me classically voice trained as a kid). I got really fed up with the unhealthy, self-absorbed lifestyles of my peers in those interests by the time I was 22, took up road biking as a passion, and never looked back.

I pick up languages relatively easily and can read and understand Spanish, French and German fairly well despite having had limited exposure to them. I refused to speak or relate to strangers (and spoke very rarely at all) until I was four years old, which led my parents to have me tested for autism. My visual memory is extremely good, and lacking clear directions I've been able to pull stunts like finding my way straight back to familiar locations (like the house I lived in as a 3-5 year old child) that I've not been to for decades, or remembering passages / scenes verbatim from books that I've not read or movies that I've not seen in ages.

The thing that's limited me all my life is that I can't stand being fed a 'you have to study / be lectured at from this material and pass this test' sort of regime. Despite fear and loathing for any sort of maths, I am still good with the sciences, particularly chemistry, and abstract concepts like physics -- my dad is a Ph.D. in marine biology, a Scorpio field, which he is, and I worked in the lab with him for years. I relate to him far better than to my Gemini mother, strangely enough, and have learned enough about my incompatibilities with that type to avoid them at all cost; the 'typical' Gemini personality just about causes me to break out in hives. I don't have much truck with the conform-and-follow-the-herd pursuits such as politics, team sports or religion and have been a 'lone wolf' sort all my life. And as you may have guessed, I'm not an easy person to like, although my close friends are steadfast. I have devoted friends and bitter enemies, but people are polarized in their opinions about me. I was told this is possibly the manifestation of my sun-square-moon. My boyfriend is convinced I'm psychic, but I have never experienced any sort of clairvoyance / lucid dreaming / telepathy sorts of things. I think it's merely my strong observational skills, coupled with a good memory and an analytical nature. Sherlock Holmes and Mr. Spock were 2 of my biggest heroes / role models as a kid.

Despite all that, I quite honestly am a dilettante who's spent a lifetime collecting trivial knowledge about a diverse array of subjects, but who doesn't know much about any one of them in depth. I read obsessively and am a pretty successful amateur bicycle racer. I seem to go through life having to constantly re-learn a) humility and b) not to take everything personally; those are karmic debt lessons, I'm sure. I live in Boulder, Colorado, which is a very progressive / liberal thought sort of community, so I've recently been considering taking up a study group in Tarot and/or astrology at the local metaphysical bookstore, in order to examine some of this more closely.

And no, I'm not opinionated. Not in the least... :rolleyes:

huredriel

lonefrontranger said:
My planets are all in Leo, Aries, Cancer, Virgo and Scorpio.
Wow, I also have only these planets in my natal chart, tho my houses are obviously different, and my asc is Scorpio.

isthmus nekoi

to lonefrontranger

That is just fascinating that your childhood role models were Sherlock Holmes and Mr. Spock - two very airy characters if ever there were any! I would guess, giving what you said about your analytic nature and Virgo placement(s) that your Mercury picks up for the lack of air. I have a cousin, no air, w/Mercury involved in a gorgeous grand trine in fire - he has always been very advanced academically and won a lot of chess competitions in his youth.

btw, I think a mistake a lot of ppl make is to imagine air signs as intelligent (b/c of the abstraction and relation to language) and on the other end, earth signs as slow and dense. I have personally not found this to be the case... Talking fluently about trivial things may demonstrate an ease and comfort in air, but imo is not really a sign of intelligence. If you don't mind me asking - what about communicating/socializing then, the hallmark of the air sign?

lonefrontranger

hm, okay here goes

and incidentally... there's controversy whether my ASC is actually Capricorn or Aquarius.

My mom is a pretty decent amateur astrologer and when you HAND CAST the chart, with an accurate ephemeris (I've struggled thru the math myself, long time ago as a teenager), it comes up Aquarius, 1 degree.

When you run the numbers thru a computer program or online calculator, it comes up Capricorn, 27 degrees. That doesn't 'fit' or 'feel' right though, so I prefer to adhere to what my mother (and I myself) cast.

isthmus nekoi said:
If you don't mind me asking - what about communicating / socializing then, the hallmark of the air sign?
well, I think all along I've had challenges in this realm. It took me a very long time to talk or relate to any sort of outsiders. Until I was about 12 or 13, I was an extremely shy child, and very serious. One of those ten-going-on-forty types of kids, I'm told.

I am an only child, and had a solitary childhood, growing up on a farm in a single parent situation. I think that, more than anything, affected my social skills. To this day I have to consciously work hard at social situations. I'm not comfortable in groups. I don't like 'small talk', and I've no patience with superficiality... which leads me to sometimes act a bit thorny or defensive if I don't immediately warm up to the subject or speaker. And, I have an afflicted Mars/Mercury aspect, meaning I have to guard my tongue very carefully, so as not to be overly confrontational, 'go off' in an outburst or seem like I'm carrying a chip on my shoulder when I'm actually not. People who do understand me and get along with me both appreciate my forthright honesty, and think I'm a refreshingly GOOD communicator. People who don't know me, or don't relate to me well (and they're polarised, like I said) tend to either prefer to believe I'm deliberately being confrontational (when really, I'm not, I just don't suffer fools gladly and prefer to cut to the chase) or have a maddening tendency to either completely misunderstand my intent, or worse, they deliberately TRY to poke me with a stick, then stand back and watch the fallout.

Here's a rundown of my planet placements, as I understand them to be. I'm by no means an expert... so if any of this seems weird or inaccurate speak up.

Sun - 9deg Leo, 7th house
Moon - 12deg Scorpio, 9th house
Mercury - 3deg Leo, 7th house
Venus - 21deg Leo, 7th house
Mars - 27deg Cancer, 7th house
Jupiter - 8deg Virgo, 7th house
Saturn - 25deg Aries, 3rd house
Uranus - 26deg Virgo, 8th house
Neptune - 23deg Scorpio, 10th house
Pluto - 21deg Virgo, 8th house
ASC - 1deg Aquarius

Hope that sheds more clarity. I'm interested to hear your opinion, since like I said I don't know a ton about this.

prudence

Lonefrontranger, now that's a lotta Leo!! Mine seems very insignificant in comparison.

My moon is at 16 degress Leo, in the 5th house (which is ruled by Leo and the Sun).My Moon is cusping the 6th house, but I am still not quite sure what this means, maybe that my creativity is linked to my health...Looks like my moon is in a trine with my Mars (at19 degrees Aries in 1st House) and another trine with my MC which is at 24 degrees Sag....But, it is in opposition to my Merc at 8 degrees AQU, in the 11th house. (hope I said it all correctly :) )....am curious to know what that opposition might mean.

Also, I have been looking at lots of instructional threads in astro, and am wondering about where my Leo falls in my natal chart. It is in the north western quadrant of the chart, the north being associated with introversion, and the western part is associated with relating to others (following?).

Hope it's okay to post a link to my chart in here (and I hope it worked ;) )

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...d=3zcfilehU3Ofc-u1118114648&lang=e&gm=a1&ast=

isthmus nekoi

lonefrontranger - I've got my ASC at 1 Aquarius as well - looks like we're on the same page. Thanks for going into such detail in response to my question.

w/your specs it looks like you have a lot of 7th house activity going on, 7th being an air house. I find 7th house stelliums really prefer to have a dialogue and they need someone to bounce off of. This doesn't necessarily have to be a person although that is almost always the case.

As to your communication style, that perhaps is not simply just a lack of air... on top of your out of sign Mars/Mercury conjunction, you'll see that you have warrior sign Aries on your 3rd house (communication) and its ruler Mars, is squaring your 3rd house Saturn! Those two put together in your air houses of 3rd and 7th point to a much harsher communication style - if you're female this is compounded upon as women are raised socially to have a softer and more indirect style.

isthmus nekoi

Astrid, yes, it is quite alright to post your chart.

Oppositions... this is a push and pull, think of a tug of war b/w two planets. w/a Aquarian Mercury in 11th opposing a Leo moon in 5th, we have a theme of feeling based self expression vs a more detached, group-oriented thinking. Any moon-Mercury contact really colours the mind w/a subconscious, habitual structure in thinking.

Yes you are correct in the traditional thinking that top=extroversion, bottom=introversion and west (the right side)=others and east=self.... I don't really subscribe to this b/c I have not found this to be true while reading charts... I think introversion/extroversion is too complex to be reduced to that simple rule, or to even have a rule of thumb....