USG NEW TIN DECKS!!!!!!!!!!

blue_fusion

I am so happy now. It's one of the few decks I want to add to my collection this year :)

Oh wow! Thanks! That means a lot to me. :)

Of course the consensus is that a tin is a wonderful addition to any deck but I wondered what people thought were the decks that most benefited from the new size. I have the PCS Commemorative in a Tin as my on-the-go deck in my briefcase but I was contemplating getting the Aquarian or Morgan Greer to swap in. Did either of those decks improve in their smaller size?

One consideration is the art style. Some styles for me feel better, with a taller (e.g. regular size) aspect ratio than a smaller one. From personal experience, I felt the Maria Celia's art would be much better in the dimensions of a tin deck, so I was thrilled when it was eventually decided that the deck will come out in a tin.

Details are another consideration - the Shadowscapes' art, gorgeous as it is, for me would not work in a tin-sized deck because a lot of the details would end up really small (this particular deck I feel works best in a big or jumbo size). I think the Morgan-Greer's art is perfect for tin deck size. It has this "zoom in" feel, and the art is relatively big, so scaling it down a bit will make it look much better and less in-your-face-y.

Strangely enough, one of my recent experiences was someone requesting that my recently released Lenormand decks also be offered tarot-sized (when most people prefer them small or smaller, like mini to maximize reading space in a table), but I showed him test images of the deck done in tarot size to illustrate why it would not work at all.

-Ly

JylliM

Ermahgerd!! Maria Celia in a tin! Happy happy joy joy!! Can you tell I'm excited? I'm excited... :party:

G6

I think the Gill Tarot would be another popular OOP deck to bring back. I had it and didn't care for the minors, but other people hunt for it. I think I remember it was more square, so I'm not sure if it would work for the tin deck line. It's an idea though.

EmpyreanKnight

Even before US Games announced its release in a tin, I have always admired the Barbara Walker Tarot from afar. Aside from Waldherr's dreamy Goddess Tarot, I was never that taken with feminist decks. But this - this is a whole league of its own.

Thanks to crystal dawn for pointing out that even if this version was smaller than its previous release, the images are actually bigger. I shall be ordering this beauty, and I only hope it gets here before the rains of late May begin. Something tells me that reading this in the middle of a monsoon-drenched tropical night would be nothing short of perfect.

G6

Even before US Games announced its release in a tin, I have always admired the Barbara Walker Tarot from afar. Aside from Waldherr's dreamy Goddess Tarot, I was never that taken with feminist decks. But this - this is a whole league of its own.

Thanks to crystal dawn for pointing out that even if this version was smaller than its previous release, the images are actually bigger. I shall be ordering this beauty, and I only hope it gets here before the rains of late May begin. Something tells me that reading this in the middle of a monsoon-drenched tropical night would be nothing short of perfect.

Barbara Walker Tarot is the only tin deck on my wishlist right now. I have one earlier edition, so I'd like to see the differences.

G6

USG should do these OOP for tin decks:

Fantastical Tarot

Tarot of Sephiroth

And although Pocket is probably not the best size for this deck I'd take it...!

Rohrig Tarot

EmpyreanKnight

Barbara Walker Tarot is the only tin deck on my wishlist right now. I have one earlier edition, so I'd like to see the differences.

Same here G6, tho I just ordered it. If it does catch your fancy you can use the Tin as a work deck while keeping the pricy one as your backup, so win-win right? :D

G6

Same here G6, tho I just ordered it. If it does catch your fancy you can use the Tin as a work deck while keeping the pricy one as your backup, so win-win right? :D

Yep, it just keeps sitting on my wait list though as others press through. Maybe this week! 😊

G6

Tell-Me Tarot Borderless in a Tin 😎

Just got the Tell-Me Tarot and it's awesome! Since it now seems OOP I wanted to put it out there that the illustrations are so strong on this deck it could totally work borderless/illustrations only (no titles/meanings) in a tin. USG should totally consider it; printed like the Morgan Greer in a tin. Would be so cool! 😎

barefootlife

Man, I need more decks like a hole in the head, but today when I pulled up the Barbara Walker, for some reason it spoke to me, even though it hasn't before. And I've had my eye on the Japaridze (not in a tin, nobody get excited) for awhile...who needs money anyway.