The Lost Tarot

Grandmort

I talked myself into it and backed it!

Thanks garmonbozia!

I'm wondering if the following could be a good idea: offering an incentive where, if you purchase the Limited Edition Major Arcana, you would get a discount on the full deck coming soon after that.

What do you all think?

(Disclaimer: I'm NOT the artist, I help with the promo and Kickstarter campaign)

: )

Trogon

Thanks garmonbozia!

I'm wondering if the following could be a good idea: offering an incentive where, if you purchase the Limited Edition Major Arcana, you would get a discount on the full deck coming soon after that.

What do you all think?

(Disclaimer: I'm NOT the artist, I help with the promo and Kickstarter campaign)

I think that might help. I have to admit that I'm considering this one. I generally don't do Majors only decks. I actually have one that a friend gave to me many years ago - The Love Tarot (Bartlett & Tolford) - but, in spite of it being a beautiful deck, I've never used it.

Having said that, I've also been looking at what a few of my OOP decks are going for now and wishing I'd have purchased a second one of them to keep new in the original shrink-wrap.

Frankly though, looking at it from that aspect, it's a bit of a gamble. I do have to say I like to support artists who create these beautiful decks ... And this one is beautiful. I especially love the Chariot (one of my favorite Tarot cards in general) and the High Priestess and Hermit. The imagery in The Hanged Man is quite different from what we usually see ... so it's intriguing.

I will be seriously considering this as I approach payday. :cool3:

Grandmort

I'm relaying here a message from the creator of The Lost Tarot himself

Hello, my name is Hans Bauer, the artist/creator of The Lost Tarot, the Major Arcana deck (+ a bonus of 4 Aces) currently offered via a Kickstarter campaign:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1950965002/the-lost-tarot-major-arcana-limited-edition

To those who have expressed an interest, but are reluctant to invest in a Majors only deck, I thank you for your kind words.

Parroting what was already explained in another post, if all goes as planned, the full 78-card deck will be published in early 2018, and, later still, a 78-card sepia version. These decks, however, will NOT be signed and numbered limited editions, which, given the scope and execution (even if I am the one saying so) of The Lost Tarot, gives the limited edition Majors some added value.

Again, thanks for your interest. I will gladly answer all your questions.

garmonbozia

What do you all think?

I think that could definitely be an incentive for those who are on the fence. Most people don't use majors only decks, so they are a much harder sell. I definitely see them more as something to collect than to use.

willowy

Hello, my name is Hans Bauer, the artist/creator of The Lost Tarot, the Major Arcana deck (+ a bonus of 4 Aces) currently offered via a Kickstarter campaign:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1950965002/the-lost-tarot-major-arcana-limited-edition

To those who have expressed an interest, but are reluctant to invest in a Majors only deck, I thank you for your kind words.

Parroting what was already explained in another post, if all goes as planned, the full 78-card deck will be published in early 2018, and, later still, a 78-card sepia version. These decks, however, will NOT be signed and numbered limited editions, which, given the scope and execution (even if I am the one saying so) of The Lost Tarot, gives the limited edition Majors some added value.

Again, thanks for your interest. I will gladly answer all your questions.

Very beautiful.I wondered if you would be doing a fully illustrated minor arcana,when you do the full deck later on,or will you be doing just the basic symbols on the minors,such as just two swords,three swords etc?Thanks.

Grandmort

I think that could definitely be an incentive for those who are on the fence. Most people don't use majors only decks, so they are a much harder sell. I definitely see them more as something to collect than to use.

The Major Arcana Lost Tarot deck is NOW FUNDED on Kickstarter, with two days to go!

A few people from these forums have pledged, so THANK YOU!!!

There is still time to get your hands on this beautiful Tarot deck, head to: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1950965002/the-lost-tarot-major-arcana-limited-edition

Now that we are funded, yes, we can confirm that we will proceed with the full 78-card Lost Tarot deck!

Therefore, with proof of purchase of this limited edition, a discount will be available on the full deck (how to provide a proof of purchase will be explained during the next Kickstarter campaign). We do not know what kind of discount yet, neither do we know when exactly the full deck will be available, but we are shooting for a November/December release, just in time for Christmas ; )

Questions are welcome, thanks to everyone again!

Grandmort

Very beautiful.I wondered if you would be doing a fully illustrated minor arcana,when you do the full deck later on,or will you be doing just the basic symbols on the minors,such as just two swords,three swords etc?Thanks.

willowy, we'll be doing a full 78-card deck for The Lost Tarot. Images for the Minor Arcana cards can be seen on our Kickstarter campaign page, at the bottom:

(Note that some cards for the Minor Arcana are subject to change.)

ayuryogini

........…

Now that we are funded, yes, we can confirm that we will proceed with the full 78-card Lost Tarot deck!

Therefore, with proof of purchase of this limited edition, a discount will be available on the full deck (how to provide a proof of purchase will be explained during the next Kickstarter campaign)...............

Questions are welcome, thanks to everyone again!

I've been on the fence ever since the campaign started, but this helped tip me over the edge.

Happy to back it.

Plus I love the Temperance, Chariot, World and Sun cards.

Grandmort

I've been on the fence ever since the campaign started, but this helped tip me over the edge.

Happy to back it.

Plus I love the Temperance, Chariot, World and Sun cards.

Thanks ayuryogini, that's great news!

Furthermore, I can now safely say that we’ve had an ace up our sleeve we never mentioned on the current campaign; the limited edition contains a clue. A clue to what, we can say no more, but this is for our initial backers only, and so we hope more of you will participate, there is only about 30+ hours left.

; )

theEnigma

Congratulations on a successful campaign! I went ahead and backed since I'm a sucker:) looking forward to this one and the full decks.