What's the Postman Bringing? Part 13

Piasabird

Also Wisdom of the Oracle and Mystical Tarot. Good week!! 😄

Spiffo

The postman, who is actually a slightly unhinged Vanuatuan lady, who I adore, just delivered a Medieval Scapini, the first edition printed in Switzerland version.

I've had the Italian printed edition for a few years and really like it, but it's nice to compare and contrast the differences in the colour and detail.

Emily

The Illuminated Tarot by Caitlin Keegan - sort of a tarot/playing card hybrid deck. :)

page of ghosts

I had promised myself I would have a look at book depository and see if I wanted any books yesterday. Nothing on my list stood out to me, but I've been fascinated with old decks and really felt a craving for a tarot deck, something old. So I found one of those flip through videos for the Medieval Scapini deck which was on my tarot wishlist and omg, I really loved the beautiful minors! I know it's only most of the majors that are original and the rest is reproduced/reimagined but I really look forward to getting it and see what it's all about! edit: seems I missed that Scapini recreated the Visconti-Sfrorza for USGS and this is his original work heavily inspired by the 15th century, heh. Still looking forward to it though.

EmpyreanKnight

Yup, currently in the middle of a binge. Not really attracted to minimalist, airy, predominantly "white" decks that somehow look sterilized and cold, but something about the Linestrider made me take a second look (and a third, fourth, etc). So now I ordered it, and it's on its way to our shores.

psyphy

Just received my Grand Eteilla (Grimaud), looking forward to diving into it.

Nemia

Why did I have to put my nose into the Enabling/De-Enabling thread? Result: 3 decks in a tin on their way to me (Wonderland, Aquarian, Sun and Moon), and the Enchanted Lenormand.

And I'm still waiting for the trimmed Deviant Moon, the Constellation Tarot, and the Mystical.

BlueLotus

I am waiting for the Illuminated Tarot, a 53 card-deck by Caitlin Keegan, and the Botanical Inspirations deck, by Lynn Araujo. :thumbsup:

tarot peacock

I am waiting for The Italian classic deck (again) I am not sure about my trimming of the first deck. It should arrive today.

I am also waiting for Pagan Otherworlds and Le tarot des Femmes Erotique. Both of these decks are quite expensive and will take a long time to get here.

I am holding my breath.