The Game of Saturn (sola busca book)

earthair

Well I listened to the podcast and ordered it. We shall see! :party:

EmpyreanKnight

I'm falling so hard for the Sola Busca. Regarding the paperback copy of The Game of Saturn, the publisher said that since it's gonna be colored and have the same quality as the hardcover, the price difference won't be so much. Let's see tho.

earthair

I'm kinda speechless! This book would be worth buying even if there was nothing printed inside, just to hold it and smell it. (aaaaaaah new-book smell) :angel:

First impressions- almost the size of a church Bible, very nice very thick paper, lots of colour illustrations, very full and comprehensive list of references and sources at the back in the endnotes which will keep me sleuthing away happily for months :thumbsup:

So far I've read the preface and intro and skimmed the rest, and it seems that unlike your average tarot book, this one will be taking a leisurely magical mystery tour around the cards, weaving all sorts of background and theories together :cool2: I'll be getting stuck in tonight :)

earthair

I'm falling so hard for the Sola Busca. Regarding the paperback copy of The Game of Saturn, the publisher said that since it's gonna be colored and have the same quality as the hardcover, the price difference won't be so much. Let's see tho.

Now I've seen the hardback, I'm glad I didn't wait for the paperback!

Abrac

Empyrean that's disappointing news. I'm not in any big hurry though. At least if more copies are out there the price should eventually go down on the second-hand market, theoretically at least.

EmpyreanKnight

Empyrean that's disappointing news. I'm not in any big hurry though. At least if more copies are out there the price should eventually go down on the second-hand market, theoretically at least.

I hope so, Abrac. They did explain it in a Facebook comment so I guess I understand. Since their FB can't be viewed if one's not logged in to an account, I'll just link a screenshot here:

http://imgur.com/3MxSGif

Zafero Berro

I could go to Treadwells and buy it for £66. It seems like an awful lot. Buying it online is worse: it's £66 + £16 postage! I think I'll have to give this one a miss.

starlightexp

I'm ok with this that. I think they did such am amazing job on printing the HC that the price was very much worth it. It might have been nice to have some more advanced notice for those that got the HC to maybe rethink but I can agree that the title really should have a bigger printing.