Combinations of cards for drug addiction?

Grizabella

Great thought, lark! It's true that it would mean remembering that feeling of sudden concern. You just brought it all together for us, I think. At least, for me you did. :D

YDM42

I am not sure if anyone said this, but people in our dreams symbolize some aspect of us, if you have never known this man to be an addict, then apply that concept of him to yourself, the dream may be about some aspect of yourself that you believe others are not aware of. Perhaps you present something as basic as your sorrow, your emotions, your hurts in a way that people believe you are ok, even when you are not. Maybe you hide your sorrows from yourself?

MissCW said:
Hi everyone, I am a bit rattled today...

I've had 3 of Swords popping up in some of my readings lately (for me) and so I thought I would try what other people do, sleep with the card under my pillow for some insight. I've never tried this before and I thought this was quite brave with it being 3 of Swords!!

I ended up having a very disturbing dream about a good friend of mine and it was all about him being a drug addict. It woke me up at 3.00 am and I had to go and make a drink! I've never known this man to be a drug user ...

Honestly, I am really rattled by this dream it was so vivid. Its staying with me all day and I am thinking of looking into it with a spread. What pattern should I be looking for? I was thinking of 4 of Cups, Devil maybe the Moon?

While I'm at it, can anyone think of a good spread for this to apply to this?

Sorry this is a lot of questions, but for people who have done the card/pillow thing, have your insights proved to be accurate?

MissCW

lark said:
Next time you pull that card for someone you are reading for remember that feeling..... the person sitting in front of you maybe feeling that same way about the situation they came to talk to you about.

I think you're right lark! I've always seen the 3 of Swords as pretty much a "betrayal" card ie someone's cheated and but I won't now. I've been thinking about the card and dream all day, and what Thirteen said about what it meant to me. The main thing in the dream I felt was complete shock and a really deep sense of sorrow and that will come to mind now, like you said.

Its shown me with the 3 of Swords there's so many ways to hurt someone, not just by cheating, and many ways to lose someone.

Note to self: Never sleep on the Tower lol.

Thirteen

Lyric said:
You know, as I look at those cups, I do see addictions galore. On the right, there's a dragon---a heroin addict could be said to be "chasing the dragon". And the snake sometimes symbolizes sex--sexual addiction. The person's head---relationship addiction. The one with the cloth over it so it's unknown---gambling addiction. The jewels----shopping addiction. The wreath---the addiction to having to win at business or any kind of sport. The castle---that one is harder to give an addiction to. I'll have to ponder on it for a little while.
Nice observation. And I agree that the Castle could be a Trump--either Donald, needing to build castles and businesses and constantly assert his power, or Ivana, a person addicted to men who are in power.

The phrase, "Building castles in the air" also comes to mind. Again, creating those dreams but never making them real.

Apocalipstick

Lyric said:
You're right! Donald Trump comes to mind. :)
Lovely! I don't think I'm ever going to look at the 7 of cups again without thinking of the Donald :D. Usually, I think of the 7 of Cups as the seamy Hollywood of the deck--illusion and pizzaz luring the unwise away from reality. Trump works well with that image.

lark

MissCW said:
I think you're right lark! I've always seen the 3 of Swords as pretty much a "betrayal" card ie someone's cheated and but I won't now. I've been thinking about the card and dream all day, and what Thirteen said about what it meant to me. The main thing in the dream I felt was complete shock and a really deep sense of sorrow and that will come to mind now, like you said.

Its shown me with the 3 of Swords there's so many ways to hurt someone, not just by cheating, and many ways to lose someone.

Note to self: Never sleep on the Tower lol.
Excellent! Excellent!
I love what you said because it is a gateway for you to really learn what each cards means too you...and you will never forget those revelations.

For me the 3 of Swords is that stab of fear and sorrow, but it also has been a card of infertility...that empty aching longing for a baby...the lack of two to make three.
It came suddenly one day with a sweet little Latino woman sitting in front of me...I felt a stab of sorrow and I saw empty arms rocking nothing....
I impulsively said...You can't have children?
She looked so shocked and tears sprung to her eyes...No she couldn't.
That same day I pulled the card for two other women and I asked the same question...both of those women were infertile too.
So I never forgot the special lesson the 3 of Swords revealed to me when I asked for an insight.
That card has come to mean infertility in many ways since then.

Asking a card to teach you it's meaning through circumstance or dreams is very powerful....very smart, and a way to burn those meanings into your mind so that you never forget them.

Oh and listening to all of these good people and reading Thirteens Basics too :D

And if you ever do sleep with the Tower let us know what you dream...
It'll make for another great thread....

Lyric said:
Great thought, lark! It's true that it would mean remembering that feeling of sudden concern. You just brought it all together for us, I think. At least, for me you did.
Thank you for the kind words Lyric :)
I'm glad I could help a little.

Grizabella

Thirteen said:
Nice observation. And I agree that the Castle could be a Trump--either Donald, needing to build castles and businesses and constantly assert his power, or Ivana, a person addicted to men who are in power.

The phrase, "Building castles in the air" also comes to mind. Again, creating those dreams but never making them real.

Yes! Women addicted to men in power, too!

As an alcoholic, I had so many dreams, but never got off my barstool to do anything about them except for dreaming them and talking about them, so that's very right.