Tarot Machine

earthair

Attachments

• DSC_1418.jpg
    DSC_1418.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 160

Lycanthropos

How curious. It looks like it's coin operated. Does it only point to one card? Does it tell the sitter what the card means?

earthair

The info said it took coins, but I didn't really know whether the sign was saying you can put one in and have a go, or whether it was for display purposes only! I wasn't going to find out and risk breaking it :angel:. They had the meanings of the cards displayed on the wall to the right- you can see part of it to the right. I presume one coin gets one card and then DIY reading from the sheet!

tarotbear

Is this the Gerald Gardner museum or is that a separate entity?

Love the machine! Would be rather easy to make one, I suspect!

tarotbear

That machine has given me an idea for a fun thing to make...

What you need is something that spins but does not have something to stop it, like those wheels you see with the flipper thing that slows it down. If you were to find a machine (coin or otherwise) that would spin without a brake to stop it - all you need it to attach some cards and give it a whirl!

earthair

What you need is something that spins but does not have something to stop it, like those wheels you see with the flipper thing that slows it down. If you were to find a machine (coin or otherwise) that would spin without a brake to stop it - all you need it to attach some cards and give it a whirl!

I was thinking maybe try to create a working Alethiometer with tarot images :lightbulb

tarotbear

I was thinking maybe try to create a working Alethiometer with tarot images :lightbulb

There is a cheap plastic Aleithiometer for sale - it would work well for this kind of thing.

I also have a brass 'movie prop copy' of the Aleithiometer ....

Attachments

• Winter 2008 068.jpg
    Winter 2008 068.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Winter 2008 072.jpg
    Winter 2008 072.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Winter 2008 073.jpg
    Winter 2008 073.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 70

tarotbear

Then there's this machine .... The Swami!

Attachments

• Big E 2005 045.jpg
    Big E 2005 045.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Big E 2005 045a.jpg
    Big E 2005 045a.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 67