Decks in Tins

Barleywine

I went to the local Michaels today to see if they had any rectangular hinged tins but all they have now is round ones. So I bought a couple more of their medium wooden chests with brass hinges and catch for $1.99 each. They fit my RWS-size decks perfectly, but I would have to buy the next size up for the Thoth and other larger decks. The unstained wood keeps the dust and dampness off of the cards well enough.

Michael Sternbach

I just started carrying around one of my Thoth pocket decks in a tin box, as this protects the cards from the elemental forces my jacket may be exposed to.

If then the need arises, I can do a reading for another or myself at a moment's notice. :)

kalliope

The downside to a tin is that depending on the fit the deck may rattle around within it and make noise while you're carrying it around in a bag. That would annoy me.

One could wrap the deck in a small cloth, or glue a bit of felt or velveteen into the tin to fix that, though.

Madrigal

I carry my RW around with me because I know it's not going to get bent or spilled on. There are other decks I'd prefer to travel with but the lack of sturdy, protective outer container prohibits that. The tin is great for that. I've got the Halloween in a tin, too. And eagerly anticipating the PCS next month.

Babalon Jones

I just started carrying around one of my Thoth pocket decks in a tin box, as this protects the cards from the elemental forces my jacket may be exposed to.

The deck equivalent of a "tin" foil hat :joke:

Barleywine

Attachments

• Tom Terrific.jpg
    Tom Terrific.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 89

Barleywine

The Interim Solution

Since I couldn't find tins, I made some sticky labels with my label-making software and stuck them on the chests I bought for identification. I suppose I could have just scribbled on them with a Sharpie . . .

Attachments

• Deck Chests.jpg
    Deck Chests.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 105

Padma

Since I couldn't find tins, I made some sticky labels with my label-making software and stuck them on the chests I bought for identification. I suppose I could have just scribbled on them with a Sharpie . . .

They look good! Much better than a Sharpie scribble! ;)

kalliope

Your labels look very professional! I agree with Padma, much better than a Sharpie.

Shade

For those of us who collect decks I think it gives us one more very charming thing we are able to buy to add to our collection. Tins feel old-timey and we are mostly fans of old-timey.