How do you pronounce "tarot" aloud? (simplified poll)

Which of these most closely represents how pronounce the word "tarot" when speaking?

• Emphasis on FIRST syllable, with SILENT T (something like TA-ro)

Votes: 69 72.6%
  • Emphasis on FIRST syllable, with a T sound at the end (something like TA-rot)

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Emphasis on SECOND syllable, with SILENT T (something like ta-RO)

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • Emphasis on SECOND syllable, with a T sound at the end (something like ta-ROT)

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

kalliope

Since we all confused each other about vowel sounds in the other poll, let's try something simpler! When speaking the word "tarot" out loud, do you:

A) emphasize the FIRST or SECOND syllable?
B) say the T sound at the end, or does it remain silent?

There will be four choices in the poll to give all of the possible combinations.

firecatpickles

Working smarter, not harder here :)

3 out of 4: stress 2nd syllable with no final "T".

:smoker:

kalliope

It might be interesting for people to say how they voted and their home country.

I say TA-ro (first syllable, silent T), and I'm originally from the midwest USA.

firecatpickles

It might be interesting for people to say how they voted and their home country.

I say TA-ro (first syllable, silent T), and I'm originally from the midwest USA.
Mine is over there
<===

prudence

tah-roh, emphasis on second syllable. I'm from Massachusetts, but I never picked up the Boston accent. (I only moved there after the age of 6 or so, and my dad was from Florida with a strong southern accent and my mom is English) But as I said in the other thread, while I was a kid in MA, I said it like tear-oh (tear as in bear). Not sure why or when I changed pronunciation. Also, I did take many years of French, well into my college studies. maybe it was that influence.

Obsydian

Voted the first one, but I say it more like TARE-oh.

Madrigal

Voted #3. Grew up in a very French part of Canada with a strong Scottish and English family lineage. Now in the US but still pronounce it ta-ROW. As does everyone around me.

PattyMc

Voted # 1, born and raised in the south, NC, GA, TN areas. Pronounce it more like tair rhymes with hair, uh (tair-uh). :)

Patty

firecatpickles

I just thought of something... What about the plural? I pronounce it Tare-uts :|

prudence

I forgot to say, I went with number 3.