Tarot blogs

Ace

I wish there were more tarot blogs out there containing thoughts about readings and reading techniques, and also deck reviews. My favorite is Benebell Wen’s blog. But otherwise I feel like so many blogs just draw a card and then share their keywords and “meaning” of that card, I’ve just seen too many of those so it doesn’t spark my interest nowadays.

I have my own on WordPress and at the same time on my own web site. (see below) I found people really liked when I dissected a card but that is not what I want to do all the time. I agree it ends up just being a dictionary of card meaning stuff is boring after awhile.

Barb

Lycanthropos

I have a blog as well, New Tarot. I used to post my readings on the blog I have for my mediumship and psychic work, but it was just too many directions for one blog. I created this one solely for tarot about a month ago when we moved, and rededicated the other one to my other work. I have a lot of fun doing it, and I've disovered some neat blogs in the process...when people 'like' a post or follow me, I see what they're up to as well and have ended up following some of the bloggers back.

Chrystella

I'm the only person in the world who doesn't really care if someone copies stuff from my blog. It's hardly world-shattering stuff. I know I should care but I don't.

I have seen images taken from my blog on readers' websites, used for the own ends to advertise. If I'd paid to post a blog post, it would feel like theft but it's just just words or a quick snap tossed out there for free.

When people talk about security, is that what they mean? Plagiarism? If it's just that, I don't mind. If it's more serious hacking -of email account or bank details or something - then it's more of a problem.

I also don't mind if my stuff disappears one day. I guess I just don't place that much importance on it. There'll be plenty of other things to read on the net.

I don't care if people take my content either. I have a Creative Commons license on my blog and photos so people know they can freely borrow. I prefer they credit me, but of course, I can't help it if they don't.

When I talk about security, I mean hacking.

kalliope

I added a html pinterest block on mine. I've had people ask me to take it off "so they can copy the whole post and image" to pinterest. My opinion of pinterest manners is right down there with Gregory's on facebook.

If you're right click protected, can Pinterest folks still copy from your blog? If so, I need to get that html code from you...

So you do you guys mean that people are posting to Pinterest and using their board as a blog, pretending stolen stuff is original content? I didn't realize it was common for people to steal in this way. I'm assuming this is what you mean because otherwise I'm not sure why you wouldn't want people linking to your blog.

I thought the idea of Pinterest was sort of like bookmarking: pinning up something of interest into a collection, with links to the original source. If someone pinned a blog post of yours, it would almost be like advertisement for your blog, right? Or do I have the entire spirit of Pinterest wrong? (I admit I'm not a Pinterest fan, because it seems chaotic to me and I'm not a primarily visual/image web seeker. I prefer tidy lists and text information when I'm hunting around.)

ETA: I wanted to clarify that I realize people steal content all the time, I just didn't realize they did it on Pinterest, because I thought the point of Pinterest was to pin other people's things.

AJ

it isn't the first pin that is the problem, it is all the resultant pins where the direct link is lost.
And I haven't a single clue why anyone would pin a post, but the people who have asked said "but you'll get a lot of traffic that way".

I'm not selling anything and I don't care if no one visits, I write for and to myself. It takes about an hour to write a post, and no I don't want people jerking off that time investment. Why make it public? To keep honesty in the picture. We can tell ourselves anything on a private platform.
Even though the blog is card driven, my life is on the blog in journal form and I've had a lot of life since I began it. Which is why I'd like to book it :)

Remember, you can add a link in your UserCP to your website.
When I see good wordsmithing here I always click on their username to see if they write elsewhere.

kalliope

it isn't the first pin that is the problem, it is all the resultant pins where the direct link is lost.

And I haven't a single clue why anyone would pin a post, but the people who have asked said "but you'll get a lot of traffic that way".

Ah, I didn't realize that re-pining lost the direct link.

As for why someone would pin a post, I think at least some people use Pinterest as a place to put stuff they want to remember or be able to easily find again.

blue_fusion

Mine's link is in my signature, below. My main interest is in deck creation (exploring tarot through art).

Audelia

Thanks for sharing everyone - I've bookmarked you all and will be reading :)

SunChariot

Have you ever considered making one? Do you have one? What are your favourite ones?

I've recently started my own and I'd love to hear about your own or the ones you frequently visit.

I'm over at www.tarotteajoy.com if you'd like to stop by. It's very rough and ready at the minute, but I'm excited about it and have some big plans for the future :)

My Tarot blog takes the form of a monthly newsletter, with contests and general readings and all. Almost like an online magazine. You can see it at:

https://readingsbysunchariot.wordpress.com/

and btw, I really like yours a lot. Out of curiosity, what is the significance of tea for you there.

Babs