can the cards actually say 'enough! is this what you wanted'

faithnlight

Okay this is gonna sound rather funny but iam thinking is it possible for the cards to actually suggest or say 'here! Is this what you wanted to hear? Is that it! Just STOP keep asking again and again'

I mean i know that its probably a novice practice of asking the same question again n again differently....but uts just that i have been so anxious....there are so many important decisiobs to make and i have beeb repetedly been surprised(rather shocked) that things seem to come in our favour....because of such strong sense of apprehension i have been asking again n again..it kept showing me the same ...untill this umpteenth time that i tried it almost as if said 'piss off' (excuse my language but thats what seemed....started pulling swords and nastiest cards like 5P 3S 4S)

Sorry for being this silly...your thoughts will help
Love n light
Tanu

Barleywine

It can become a case of "diminishing returns," until the point it delivers "static" rather than information. My wife has been anxious about her parents, who are both in elder care, and asks about them more frequently than she probably should. For a while she kept getting a repeat of the original answer - essentially no change in the situation - but more recently the results have become incoherent so we stopped for the time being.

Mystica7

Cards don't have a power as such to go against us. I believe tarot is a strong mirror of ourselves, of what we already do know in a higher plane. In other words tarot is a tool connecting us to the wisdom of our higher selves. There is so much confusion in interpreting the cards -especially when you keep doing readings over and over on the same question again- because we are not able to connect with our higher selves but simply look up to a reflection of it without knowing hence how to interpret it!

I hope this helps in clarifying your confusion.

This is also how any card may mean *many* things beyond your imagination and interpretation (in a given moment). Don't take the cards at face value. Follow the original (initial) reading on a subject if you must, but no more than you follow your inner compass.

Lerena

I believe that it is possible, because if you're anxious enough you will keep wanting to make sure the answer is the answer and hasn't changed. Unfortunately, this isn't going to help you. All this can do is tire you out. When you're anxious and you need to make a decision, you do want to be sure it's the correct one. This is understandable, but after a certain point things will begin to change according to what you expected the answer to be.

If you're anxious, you fear the worst and therefore may end up expecting the worst answer to be the "right" one. Why am I telling you all this? What you went through is almost exactly what I experienced not too long ago and when you say that things were in your favor but you kept asking anyway that sounds like what I did.

I got anxious recently and it took me several hours to realize that the tarot got severely negative after a certain point. The same happened with another divination source I consulted, which was actually the reason I managed to notice that due to my own doubt I was getting results I shouldn't have been. Not only was the tarot incredibly optimistic at first, the other divination tool nailed my issue from the get-go. I was just too afraid to accept the answer as it was. I was doubting the answers I was receiving and got caught up in the negative.

I couldn't understand why I was getting positive responses. I kept thinking it was hopeful thinking and I was projecting my fantasies onto the cards to get what I wanted to hear. I'm not sure if you thought you were doing this exact thing, but certainly your experience sounds similar.

I think maybe your anxiety caused the cards to explain to you that things really aren't that dark at the moment and as you kept asking you got the answer you felt was more "accurate." I put that in quotations, because I think the tarot meant the positive messages it was giving you.

The first answer from the tarot is generally the answer you're looking for. Asking it the same thing over and over will cause you to get the opposite answer eventually. I learned this the hard way.

Hopefully my answer made sense.

faithnlight

Dear Lerena...it sure makes a lot of sense...and you are right the same exact things were happening with me n you are 100% right in saying what you mentioned about my "fantasies" as opposed to what ought/might/is likely to happen whar cards suggested the very first time that i just wont take for an ansqwe coz of my anxieties....
Thanks a ton....
Love n light
Tanu

SunChariot

Okay this is gonna sound rather funny but iam thinking is it possible for the cards to actually suggest or say 'here! Is this what you wanted to hear? Is that it! Just STOP keep asking again and again'

I mean i know that its probably a novice practice of asking the same question again n again differently....but uts just that i have been so anxious....there are so many important decisiobs to make and i have beeb repetedly been surprised(rather shocked) that things seem to come in our favour....because of such strong sense of apprehension i have been asking again n again..it kept showing me the same ...untill this umpteenth time that i tried it almost as if said 'piss off' (excuse my language but thats what seemed....started pulling swords and nastiest cards like 5P 3S 4S)

Sorry for being this silly...your thoughts will help
Love n light
Tanu

There is nothing silly in anything you could ask. We all start of with Tarot knowing nothing and learn by asking questions.

In short, yes. If you repeatedly ask the same question over and over some strange things can happen. Mainly the cards stop answer and they answers are no longer accurate. Often that just results in cards coming up that make no sense. Because they are just coming up randomly. And the source that answers us has tuned out and is not longer answering.

Other times, you get the opposite of the truth. Black is white, white is black...I think that is meant to discourage you from asking.

It is not a good idea to keep asking the same thing. Generally speaking, it is best not to ask a question you have already asked until you can see a real reason that things may have changed. Or to wait one month or so.

What I think you need to look at is your beliefs about Tarot. I think you need ask yourself why you are not believing what you are told. If you believed you had got an accurate answer, then that is the answer and it can be expected to remain valid until there is reason to believe something has happened that could change it. That means that if the cards were answering, each time you would get the same answer, so why ask again if the answer will always be the same?

There is somethign going on where you seem to be expecting a different answer to the same question. That bears looking at, why you keep asking if you are not sure of the power of Tarot to give you the accurate answer.

Also, there are no nasty cards in a Tarot deck All cards are there to help comfort and solve problems.

Also, if you know you keep asking because you feel anxious, why not address the real issue and ask what the cards can tell you to help calm your anxiety, where it is coming from and what to do with those feelings?

That is also something to examine if it surprises you so strongly to see good things coming in your future. A strong sense of apprehension does not have to mean something bad is coming. It just means you have been thinking apprehensive thougthts. Feelings mirror our thoughts. If you have thoughts about something bad happening (even if untrue) it will lead to apprehensive feelings.

Babs

Padma

Yes, it has been my experience that if you ask repeatedly the same question, after a while the deck kind of turns its cloak, so to speak, and takes you to the opposite side. The first reading is always the truest answer, imo....the more you ask it, the more you pollute the stream - and after a while, it is as if the deck says, well, if you don't believe me, then take that!

Also liked the view of above poster that if you believe only negative things can happen, the tarot will begin to validate that...

Inana

It happened to me too. I know I shouldn't be asking the same question over and over, but sometimes If I've been anxious, I've done it. Usually, then arrives a moment when the readings don't make any sense.

Sometimes when I've been asking too much about the same subject, I've got the The Devil as the answer repeatedly. Be it in my reading or as a jumper. I interpret this as: "Hey!! You are obsessed with this, stop asking now!" Less frequently is Death instead of the Devil.

SunChariot

It happened to me too. I know I shouldn't be asking the same question over and over, but sometimes If I've been anxious, I've done it. Usually, then arrives a moment when the readings don't make any sense.

Sometimes when I've been asking too much about the same subject, I've got the The Devil as the answer repeatedly. Be it in my reading or as a jumper. I interpret this as: "Hey!! You are obsessed with this, stop asking now!" Less frequently is Death instead of the Devil.

Getting both The Devil or Death are actually pretty cool answers. The cards are telling you what to do. Death is them telling you to stop asking as it is not taking you where you need ot go. The Devil says that your desire to keep asking is taking you somewhere that is not good for you.

It's cool when the cards are so direct and just tell you outright to stop asking it is not good for you, instead of just refusing to answer.

Babs

Inana

Getting both The Devil or Death are actually pretty cool answers. The cards are telling you what to do. Death is them telling you to stop asking as it is not taking you where you need ot go. The Devil says that your desire to keep asking is taking you somewhere that is not good for you.

It's cool when the cards are so direct and just tell you outright to stop asking it is not good for you, instead of just refusing to answer.

Babs

Yes, that's one of the things I love about tarot! One way or another it always gives us the correct answers. ;)