Tarot journal and Empowerment

gorgeousbutterfly

So I haven't done a tarot journal in a long time. I pulled cards for each day of the week. I got three three of Swords in a row so naturally I'm really worried. I did ask how I can change the outcome but I'm curious how others go about so called negative daily card reading, what are your tools, experience or stories on how you changed the outcome.

Alta

Just my thought, but all 'negative outcomes' are not to be avoided. Sometimes we really need things to go off the rails or even be crushed so we can build anew.

Citrin

See, this can be the problem of a daily draw, if we get The Sun it's all fine and dandy but if we get the Three of Swords/The Tower/Death we get nervous. :p I've been there too, recently pulled Death and The Devil (+ Eight of Pentacles) before a night out with friends.

What I do when that happens, I just try to relax, to not create a self-fulfilling prophecy) and see it as a warning. See, for me when I drew the above cards I made sure to avoid getting into a Devil situation, by drinking too much, so when I started getting tipsy I switched to water, and I chose to go home early, and the day after I felt fantastic while my friends were not feeling so fresh. ;) So if you want to change an outcome - Think of what problems the cards can represent.

With a sword card I'd consider the way I communicate with others. Maybe it's not a good week to get into debates and discussions, but maybe stay low key if you notice someone trying to get you involved in a debate?

spinnachie

Both Alta and Citrin have good points here...

Sometimes things need to fall apart and unravel before you can see the calm after the storm...

however sometimes as Citrin has stated, you can look at it as a warning rather then "this is how its going to be and that's final" and take it as "hey, when you go out tonight be cautious" and you can still have a good time.

I'd also like to add that if you're just doing a daily draw and you keep getting negative cards...perhaps the reason you keep pulling negative is because you are dwelling on the negative card you received the day before and each day just pulls you into a negative cycle. What I like to do when this happens to me, I stop pulling cards at the beginning of the day, and instead do my daily draw at night when the day is done, that way there is no negative energy influencing how my day will turn out, and at the end of the day I use that card to reflect on how my day went. Once you feel the cycle is broken you can go back to drawing in the mornigs...

I hope this wasn't too confusing for you lol :)

PAMUYA

When You get repeating cards in a daily draw, I would ask myself what am I over looking. What other meaning is there in this card. Daily draws for me are strictly a tool to more deeply learn and understand the cards. I do not use them to predict my day. Look at the 3 of Swords, do I know what the number 3 represents?, what about Swords? What is in the illustration on my card, what do the symbols mean? What is my intuition telling me besides the fear of pulling this card? Can I look at this card without the emotion? Is this emotion drowning out the whispers of my intuition?

Take this opportunity to explore.

FaintlyMacabre

I have no good advice so take the better posts.

I must confess it is why I quit reading. I was sick of seeing stuff like the Tower and so forth. But sometimes life is just in the toilet and there isn't a lot to be done about it. That was one reason I got out that Tarot Affirmations deck.

Sometimes it is trying to tell you something if you can figure it out. The "cards repeating" are something that people just don't believe until it happens.

I bought "Spiritual Tarot" again, because it had seemed useful in looking at cards in different ways. As usual, I think the reprint is lower quality!

Diana