Bad or Good Omen? Or is it nothing?

Scarlette

Hmm. I don't think that's an omen. I wouldn't take it as that to be honest. :)

If it happened to me I think I'd buy a new deck, but I'm a perfectionist with those things. :p

It was trimmed....a pain in the you know what to do it over again. I asked for a replacement, let's see if they send it.

Scarlette

I may have missed this but which deck was it? If it's a major publisher, email them and see if they can send you that one card. Llewellyn does, for example. That way you don't have to buy a whole new deck. If it's OOP or the publisher isn't willing to, there's a thread on the forums here where you can see if someone has the card you're missing :)

Yup! That is what I did :D The DruidCraft... I emailed OBDO this morning. It was a trimmed deck so hopefully they'll send me a new 10 of swords. :)

Scarlette

Schtuff happens !

I don't know if it's a good omen or a bad omen or any omen at all, but I would definitely get several days of amusement out of this, if it happened to me.

I'd be like , " Ten of Swords trapped in the bushes ! Awesome !", to me meaning " Countless troubles unable to reach me, trapped by my environment and my own silliness ! Go us !"

Sort of like a bullet missing my head because I tripped over a child's toy I left on the stairs.

Then I'd declare the bush a magic bush for a few days and name it "Trouble trapper" or something silly and avoid sticking my hand in it so I don't get "pricked"

I'd prolly only use the deck if the Ten of Swords would have been the significator for the reading, and look for a new Ten of Swords. If anyone asked about it, ( and possibly if they didn't) I'd tell them, " We lost our original troubles so we had to get new ones"

Have fun with it and happy birthday !

YAMV ( Your Amusement May Vary :)

Chitrani

" Ten of Swords trapped in the bushes ! Awesome !", to me meaning " Countless troubles unable to reach me, trapped by my environment and my own silliness ! Go us !" <, LOVE THIS!

You know I took it as maybe things will go a little smoothly after that card was lost. I have been so stressed lately. I had a court date (custody/child support) last Thursday the 4th, and all came out in my favor, before that I was in mental turmoil...so maybe.

Maybe is a sign of smoother sails. hummmmm

Thank you for the birthday wishes :)

Saskia

Since it is the 10 of swords would you see it as a bad or good omen to have it lost? I didn't look at the first three cards I retrieved from the bushes...I was concentrating on the two I couldn't reach.

Haha I think it's a great omen! Your deck wants you to stop overworrying and overthinking by literally making that card disappear to open your eyes ;) I think it means you don't need that card anymore, after you passed the troubled period in your life. And happy belated birthday!

Citrin

Ah man, bummer to lose a card from a trimmed deck. :( I understand you don't want to buy a whole different copy then ;)

Scarlette

Haha I think it's a great omen! Your deck wants you to stop overworrying and overthinking by literally making that card disappear to open your eyes ;) I think it means you don't need that card anymore, after you passed the troubled period in your life. And happy belated birthday!

Yes I love this. I want to see it as a good omen if it is one. It feels like the worst is over anyways. Thank you for the bday wishes <3

Scarlette

Ah man, bummer to lose a card from a trimmed deck. :( I understand you don't want to buy a whole different copy then ;)

Got an email from OBDO this morning. They are sending me a replacement! So I'll trim it and in the deck it goes :)

NatKat

Hello gang,

... the other one disappeared into the bushes and I couldn't find it..it was the 10 of swords...

I don't know about an omen ... but its pretty FUNNY. Like OF COURSE the 10 Swords went missing and ruined your deck. How very typical for the 10 Swords. I think not so much an Omen as God/Goddess/THe Universe/Whatever has a sense of humor and a fine feeling for the ironic. Just sayin'