How do you reconnect with your deck?

nisaba

I find just picking up and shuffling unused decks works. They are just grateful to be used again. :)

ilweran

I just use them. Got the decks I used to use out recently after a long time not using tarot at all, was slightly dismayed to find that there seemed to be no connection at all with any of them but just got on with it - went with the Deviant Moon first and had forgotten how blunt that deck can be - and after a week it's all fine, though they do keep throwing up the same cards which I suspect is about an issue I'm trying not to read on :rolleyes:

HallowedNight

Like some people have mentioned, I play solitaire a lot with decks I feel I want to reconnect or establish a new connection with. Just handling the cards helps! Also, I enjoy going through the deck and reading either reading the LWB and making keywords (if the book is wordier), or just making new, more personal keywords and writing it all down. Looking at each card individually and really thinking on them often helps how you see the deck.

There's also the possibility that you just don't like the deck much anymore and subconsciously don't want to use it. That happens, and sometimes you just have to give it time~