Bad or Good Omen? Or is it nothing?

Scarlette

Hello gang,

So yesterday was my birthday. I had a few drinks..at some point of the night I placed my favorite deck on the window sill since there was a New Moon rising on the 8th (today). I wanted to symbolically have the cards exposed to the outside world. Anyways, I woke up in the middle of the night and opened my window cause it was too hot. I forgot my cards were there. ( I said I was drinking) :)

Today I go about my errands and when I come back home I don't see my deck where it belongs. I completely forgot that I put them on the window sill last night. So I remembered, opened the window and they were all over the air conditioner unit and some fell down the bushes downstairs. I go downstairs and got 3 of them which were easily accessible...I still had two which were together but out of my reach. So I go upstairs and got a broom stick to retrieve them..I got one The King of Cups, the other one disappeared into the bushes and I couldn't find it..it was the 10 of swords. Those two cards where together side by side on the bushes. So now I'm missing that one card from my deck...Can I still do readings without that card? Since it is the 10 of swords would you see it as a bad or good omen to have it lost? I didn't look at the first three cards I retrieved from the bushes...I was concentrating on the two I couldn't reach.

lepleadian

Hello gang,

So yesterday was my birthday. I had a few drinks..at some point of the night I placed my favorite deck on the window sill since there was a New Moon rising on the 8th (today). I wanted to symbolically have the cards exposed to the outside world. Anyways, I woke up in the middle of the night and opened my window cause it was too hot. I forgot my cards were there. ( I said I was drinking) :)

Today I go about my errands and when I come back home I don't see my deck where it belongs. I completely forgot that I put them on the window sill last night. So I remembered, opened the window and they were all over the air conditioner unit and some fell down the bushes downstairs. I go downstairs and got 3 of them which were easily accessible...I still had two which were together but out of my reach. So I go upstairs and got a broom stick to retrieve them..I got one The King of Cups, the other one disappeared into the bushes and I couldn't find it..it was the 10 of swords. Those two cards where together side by side on the bushes. So now I'm missing that one card from my deck...Can I still do readings without that card? Since it is the 10 of swords would you see it as a bad or good omen to have it lost? I didn't look at the first three cards I retrieved from the bushes...I was concentrating on the two I couldn't reach.

happy birthday, you are aquarius, im too. i had something similar too but to me is an ordinary thing happened no good or bad omen....if you feel right you can still continue using cards coz the same message will be given by similar cards

violetdaisy

Are their any other cards that evoke the same response from you as when you see the 10s? Or even pairs of cards? If so, you're definitely ok, if not, you can still read the cards with what you have, just ask the cards (or guides or collective consciousness...) to show you the same answer in a different way than if you would need that card. Maybe you're laying out cards (and aren't going for a clarifier ) and get the urge to lay a second card down for the position. I get that with a full deck sometimes...for me it happens before I reveal the card for the position.

Scarlette

Lepleadian Thank you! Happy birthday to you too :D You're right I can still get the same message with other cards in the deck.

Violetdaisy yes that is a good idea. Just thought that reading with an incomplete deck would not give me accurate readings. But is just that one card. And another card or a combination of cards can give me the same message.

I also thought it was a bad omen losing that one card since is the card I fear the most lol

Thank you ladies

Farzon

I'd say it's nothing. Bad luck in consequence of too much drinking. [emoji12]
I'd simply buy the deck a second time to replace the lost card.

And yeah ... I'll NEVER do THAT again to my favorite deck! Or any deck! You wouldn't like to be put outside on the window sill either, would you? [emoji16]

Citrin

Hmm. I don't think that's an omen. I wouldn't take it as that to be honest. :)

If it happened to me I think I'd buy a new deck, but I'm a perfectionist with those things. :p

DaughterOfDanu

I may have missed this but which deck was it? If it's a major publisher, email them and see if they can send you that one card. Llewellyn does, for example. That way you don't have to buy a whole new deck. If it's OOP or the publisher isn't willing to, there's a thread on the forums here where you can see if someone has the card you're missing :)

Chitrani

Schtuff happens !

I don't know if it's a good omen or a bad omen or any omen at all, but I would definitely get several days of amusement out of this, if it happened to me.

I'd be like , " Ten of Swords trapped in the bushes ! Awesome !", to me meaning " Countless troubles unable to reach me, trapped by my environment and my own silliness ! Go us !"

Sort of like a bullet missing my head because I tripped over a child's toy I left on the stairs.

Then I'd declare the bush a magic bush for a few days and name it "Trouble trapper" or something silly and avoid sticking my hand in it so I don't get "pricked"

I'd prolly only use the deck if the Ten of Swords would have been the significator for the reading, and look for a new Ten of Swords. If anyone asked about it, ( and possibly if they didn't) I'd tell them, " We lost our original troubles so we had to get new ones"

Have fun with it and happy birthday !

YAMV ( Your Amusement May Vary :)

Chitrani

Scarlette

I'd say it's nothing. Bad luck in consequence of too much drinking. [emoji12]
I'd simply buy the deck a second time to replace the lost card.

And yeah ... I'll NEVER do THAT again to my favorite deck! Or any deck! You wouldn't like to be put outside on the window sill either, would you? [emoji16]

The cards weren't outside. They were by the window. The problem was that I opened the window cause I totally forgot that they were there..Def not doing that one again lol