Just found - Tarot Nusantara

nisaba

Kissa said:
I probably will not be able to afford that set, which is a pity since I am fluent in indonesian. Mwahaaahaaaahaaa...
:bugeyed:

French ... Finnish ... English ... Indonesian ...

Is there any language you *don't* speak?

Perhaps you could offer your services to translate the website, your price being a copy of your own ...

rwcarter

Love the deck. Thanks again _nicole! :heart:

As I'm entering this into my spreadsheet, it occurs to me that I don't know who the artist is! Is it actually Membaca Pikiran Melalui, which I'm guessing is a name? (That also appears on the cover of the companion book.)

Rodney

nicole_

rwcarter said:
Love the deck. Thanks again _nicole! :heart:

As I'm entering this into my spreadsheet, it occurs to me that I don't know who the artist is! Is it actually Membaca Pikiran Melalui, which I'm guessing is a name? (That also appears on the cover of the companion book.)

Rodney

Hi Rodney, what appears on the cover (Membaca Pikiran Melalui) is part of the book's subtitles which roughly means "Mind-Reading through Tarot" :D

The artist is a handsome young man who goes by the name Sweta Kartika and pseudonym Transbonja. Sweta Kartika is probably not his real name unless his dad's surname is "film star". However, when it comes to indonesian names, anything goes sometimes :)

It is interesting to know that Sweta Kartika is also the name of a Tamil (Indian) actress. :p

On a more serious note :D, Sweta did a Visual Communication Design Graduate Programme and has done many book illustrations. :)

truelighth

Ohhh... how did I miss this one? Did you already promise all the copies you got hold off, Nicole? If not.. then pleaaaaaseeee :D :D :D

kwesifriends

Ooo I can't wait Nicole, the colors of the cards are so refreshing in my eyes I feel a little bit dizzy!

nicole_

Ya, Nusantara feels like a zesty asian fruit. Still on the tree in the orchard....

Makes me remember the lovely times I had as a little girl back in Indonesia nestled up the big guava tree with a book and eating guava right off the tree....dirt on the ground. Girl in the big comfortable tree. Legs swinging....sultry seabreeze...ok, I've gone to lala land... :D

Who's done readings with it?!?! :D

rwcarter

nicole_ said:
Hi Rodney, what appears on the cover (Membaca Pikiran Melalui) is part of the book's subtitles which roughly means "Mind-Reading through Tarot" :D

The artist is a handsome young man who goes by the name Sweta Kartika and pseudonym Transbonja. Sweta Kartika is probably not his real name unless his dad's surname is "film star". However, when it comes to indonesian names, anything goes sometimes :)
Thanks nicole! That info is inside the book.... :|

Rodney

zephyr_heart

nicole_ said:
Who's done readings with it?!?! :D
I do, sometimes I switched between my DM and this deck.

In my opinion, not much different from an RWS, except the majors, since they had a different feel, but nothing that much sicnificant.

nicole_ said:
This deck doesn't photograph well because of the gloss varnish/laminate. Flash and it reflects. No flash and it looks dull.
Try to use surround lights, maybe? You know, light a lamp or two nearby and don't use flash?

nicole_

I couldn't find enough light in my place. I think I live like a mole...just all my decks and me :p

gregory

It is at my house in the UK.

And I am NOT. :(

Here are all the majors from on line though. Just click on the image and it goes full size :)