LS Mona Lisa Tarot Book?

gregory

Onyx said:
Yeah Amazon. I was surprised. I was e-mail notified today that both the Dame Fortune Wheel tarot and the Mona Lisa Tarot book were up for preorder.
Dame Fortune is already available - even in the US. But if you wait till the ML book is out they may be sold out by then....

whipsilk

Onyx said:
I know that if I purchase them together they will ship them as they come in for free. (Since it was over $25, but if or rather when they cancel the preorder for the book cause its not coming out for a year I will just be charged for the deck and get free shipping. )

They also now have a pre-order for the deck and book set.
Onyx is correct. You can order both and select "ship these items as they become available"; no postage is charged on either item because the total price is over $25, and even if Amazon withdraws the ML book/kit in the future (as they did with The Deviant Moon), you still won't pay postage on the Dame Fortune.

And if you spend more than $5 per month on postage for Amazon, look into Amazon Prime. It may seem costly ($79 per year, charged once a year), but if you try to limit each order to 1 item (I do, it helps me not go shopping-crazy), it's well worth it - plus you can add up to four other household members to the same Prime account (or you can share among four co-workers at your place of employment); my SO also uses my Prime Account. You get FREE 2-day shipping on ALL items. The only downside is that you can't use it with Amazon merchants, but if you look for the "Fulfillment by Amazon" notation (in the New/Used merchant listings), Prime will apply and you get the free 2-day shipping.

gregory

Oh yes - you get free shipping if you ship both together, But as the book will not be out till 2010, that is one hell of a wait for the deck - which is out already.... The last time I tried that one they charged me postage anyway ..... maybe the US is different ?

Onyx

I tried Amazon Prime but they always ship with UPS. I continually have problems with their deliveries and so I have to go pick them up and that is trouble that takes longer than normal shipping.

I had ordered the Huson book, "Mystical Origins" and his new deck. They sent the book and told me that they would send the deck seperately. No charge for postage. They cancelled the pre-order for the deck and so they did not charge me for the shipping on the book.

If they can Amazon will break up shipping items so that they can go ahead and charge you for the one item and then send the other when it comes in stock. I think that they would rather do that than lose the sale completely.

One reason I have preordered the Mona Lisa book is simply to continue to show my interest.

Onyx.

Manda

I preordered it, partly for the same reason as Onyx, so it is known some folks want it.

My experience with Amazon has been that they ship my items as they become available. For example, a few weeks ago I ordered both the Psycards set, which was out of stock at the moment, and the Pamela Coleman Smith Commemorative Set, which is not yet in stock. I received my Psycards yesterday, and the PCS set is scheduled for shipment May 8 (we shall see...:D). I was only charged for the Psycards, not the PCS set, and I was not charged for shipping. I also ordered a Bohemian Gothic, which just shipped, and another deck a few months ago, and I have had the other deck for a few months now, again only charged for the items as they shipped, and not for postage. I have had many experiences like this with Amazon US.

Onyx

as expected . . .

I just got the e-mail notice from Amazon that they have, again, cancelled my pre-order for the book.

Onyx.

Cerulean

On LS Mona Lisa Tarot Book--not in 2009/but PCS set is shipping...

Mona Lisa Tarot book doesn't seem to be shipping in 2009 at all.

But PCS set via Amazon--the shipping dates changed from the 17th to the 15th for me and I received it on the 15th.

I don't know what would happen if you tried to 'ship both in one' other than a cancellation notice on the Mona Lisa and maybe a slight delay in your PCS order?

Here's wishing you good luck and faster shipping for whatever you did order!

Cerulean

Onyx

I ordered it with the Dame Fortune's Wheel tarot, which I recieved over a week ago.

Yep, free shipping again.

Onyx.

rwcarter

I have lots of decks to occupy my time until the companion book sees the light of day. But the longer that takes to happen, the further down my list of "decks I really want to get to" it falls. By the time the book comes out, it's quite likely that the deck will have fallen off my radar completely. And it's generally much harder to get back on that list than to jump on because of the initial adrenaline rush that comes with a new deck.

And that's a shame really, because the Mona Lisa is a really intriguing deck. I love puzzles and trying to figure them out. But I'm more likely to put the time into figuring out a puzzle that I know I can check my answer against than I am to put the time into figuring out a puzzle to which I may never know the answer....

Metafizzypop

I just got word that the publication of the Mona Lisa companion book has been cancelled by Lo Scarabeo. The book will not be coming out.

I'd had a pre-order for the book with Llewellyn since last November. I just called them today to find out what was happening with it and if they knew anything. Well, they did. They told me that my pre-order had been cancelled, because there wasn't going to be a book. End of story.

How do you like that?