Orphalese Tarot Software

Hedera

Purple_Scorp,
(and every one else who tried to help),

Thank you so far!

It's certainly difficult to do it like this, even more so than calling a helpdesk!

I've got a nice new 'real' deck to play with now (and 2 more on the way) so I won't miss the software so much.....;)

But I might pm you about it in future! :)

marypatric

Orphalese Tarot

its interesting to read the posts on this program over time. the program has evolved and increased in price- though certainly not to the amount that its worth! at $20.00 i feel like a thief. i have about a dozen "real" decks but have enjoyed collecting dozenS more of scanned decks for this program. there more to this program than immediately meets the eye.
ive had other programs that i abandoned quickly, but this one is just remarkable.

purple_scorp

Hey all,

Last week I wrote to Orphalese suggesting some software enhancements. I received an extremely comprehensive and very prompt reply from a programmer. He told me that some of my suggestions were already in the software. Doh, I had an older version. So, I've downloaded the most recent version. Wow, I agree Mary, Orphalese has certainly evolved. The programmer also advised that he would implement a couple of my enhancement suggestions into the next version.

purple_scorp

Owl Song

I just downloaded and registered this program tonight. The cost is now $30.

So far, I am delighted with the program and I'm very glad I registered it. It's a wonderful way to keep a Tarot journal (even customizable for each deck.) You can capture readings, create spreads, and download hundreds of decks through the deck exchange. I haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg yet with the program but I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

I've always loved the unpublished Aquatic Tarot. I was able to download a copy of the deck for use with the Orphalese program; so even if I can't have a hard copy version, I can enjoy a virtual one!

I also noticed that the programmer is offering lifetime free updates for users who have registered on or before Jan 31, 2006. I thought that that might be a good tidbit to pass along.

purple_scorp

Hi Starlily,

I'm glad you mentioned the 31 January cut off date because I had meant to come back to this thread and update people.

Yes, up until now, Orphalese upgrades have been provided for free (if you have a registered version of the software) and this will continue for those people that register their software before 31 January. Otherwise, if you register after that date, you will have to pay for major software upgrades.

The programmer has done a tremendous amount of work in the last couple of months, especially to the card reading/notes section (which now offers the ability to record LWB notes, as well as your personal notes for each card. The readings are templated and you get to edit the template to include whichever notes you desire.

There are now over 500 decks that you can download. The software registration really is excellent value for money.

with love
purple_scorp

Antenna

allibee said:
Please don't kill me for saying this buuuuuuutttttttt:
why would a person want to have an automated reading?
While I think that reading over the net is a wonderous thing, especially when you are 'on the money' hehehe, surely a software birthing of a reading cannot be truley accurate, unless it's the old thing of 'making it fit'. Surely it's randomness cannot be trusted.

You are welcome to Flambee me here, but I just don't see the point, sorry

allibee
AKA Jean Claude Flambee ;)

hmm i think it would suit most tarot beginners and advance users who need it for a quick reading. from there its easier to develop skills and advance to hands on reading. plus its good for users who want to try out tarot before they decice to invest on a tarot deck. :)

purple_scorp

And, to add to what Antenna said, you can do a "real" reading using your own physical deck, then, hand-select the same cards electronically and use the software as a journal to record your notes.

with love
purple_scorp

Blue Fury

Hi Purple_Scorp, thanks for the tip off about upgrades. I have just registered and look forward to many many happy hours of fiddling and tinkering and tarot fun :D

Trouble is, it is hard enough to get me away from the laptop as it is, I can see my social skills taking an even bigger pounding from now on. Oh well...off to play with my new toy :) ...

Fury x

PS love your idea about using it for journalling your readings

gregory

I love it. I hadn't noticed a new new upgrade - when exactly was it (I upladed one a little while ago and Richard promptly had to make me a fix.... is there a new once since ?)

I'm already registered because of all the lovely decks..... not to mention the ones of my own I have added :D

purple_scorp

Hi Fury :),

New toy indeed! I took a small, involuntary departure away from ATF just after I registered Orphalese. I spent countless hours setting up my decks (downloading and going through the ones on their forum, then scanning my own decks and text etc) and transferring my spreads from my journal. Then I got involved helping test the beta version of the newly released software. It seemed for a time that I was existing just for Orphalese. All of my net forums and friends suffered, lol.

So you are right about the "playing with the new toy" aspect.

I should also say that the programmer is talking about including a feature (in a coming version) whereby you can email your electronic reading to other people. As the card and reading notes already cater for your interpretation vs the lwb interpretation, I can see how powerful a feature this emailing function would be when doing something like a reading exchange here at ATF. The recipient doesn't need to be a registered member of the Orphalese software to read the email/reading either. I think they will be able to use a cut-down, free version of the software. And, he is proposing that you can send images of the cards too.

I mean, wow. I don't know about you, but I spend a considerable amount of time in my reading exchanges, just describing the physical elements of the cards that the recipient may never have seen.

I'm really excited about this software and the best part is that the programmer is very receptive to enhancement suggestions and is continually working to improve Orphalese and its forum.

I'm registered on Orphalese as the same user-name that I'm registered here. So, make sure you say hi.

with love
purple_scorp